ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Plotting issue when Basemap changes

Hi,

In my application I am using multiple base maps like Normal map(with countries.shp shape file), Google and Openstreet

And I am plotting different overlays like Aircrafts, Routes and etc…

1. For Normal map, I am using Proj4Projection.GetEsriParametersString(54004); (Spherical Mercator Projection)
  2. And for Google and Openstreet map I am using Proj4Projection.GetGoogleMapParametersString();

When each base map change I am redrawing my all Overlays.

But while I am changing from Normal to Google or Openstreet my Aircrafts and Routes getting changed their position. Its vary from one base map to other.

Please check what was the problem in this. And suggest me how to resolve this issue…

Thanks,
Ashok

Hi Ashok,

In fact I don’t understand you assign the projection to which layer. Does your shape file is under projection 54004, and you re-projection the Aircrafts and Routes lines into the projection of base map?

If my understand is correct and the location is not in the same position, the problem should because your projection of your shape file is incorrect.

Please upgrade all your package to the latest version at first, and if it still works the same, a sample with data should be helpful to reproduce the problem.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for your reply.

I applied projection(54004) to Base layer (Countries shape file) and the remaining layers too… and its plotting well… shown below

Then I am changing my base map(base layer) to Google map and redrawing all the layers with google projection. Then my flight and route positions are change/moved from original… shown below

Actually its difficult to build a sample. If you don’t understand this time, I will somehow send you sample.

Thanks,
Ashok

Hi Ashok,

Thanks for your images, but it looks your lines is match the background layer, for example as below:

You can see the intersect points between flight line and province line is in the same position.

The line shape looks different is because you are using two projection 54005 and 900913. The shape in different shape will get changed.

So I think there isn’t problem here.

Regards,

Ethan