ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

PointShape / MultiPointShape and Tag / Z value missing

Okay, a simple need.

I want to carry a single number in a PointShape (actually each point in a MultiPointShape) such that I can use that number in a posting through a custom style.

Upon searching the forums I have found that the Tag and Z value are lost by the time I get access to them in the DrawCore function (various reasons, but I understand).

I also have seen that I need to use individual PointShapes with attached columns to carry label / posting information through, but I have a collection of points that relate to a single feature, and would like to use the MultiPointShape as it keeps my implementation much less complicated.

So, my question, “Will there be support for Z or Tag coming in a future release for the PointShape / MultiPointShape, if so when?”

Hi Chris,

It looks your requirement is handle a group of pointshapes, and assign separate column value for the vertexes right?

If that’s your requirement, I think you can do something like this:

1. Build a standalone layer, which only contains target points, so the layer can be the container of all your points. And you can build feature for each point and saved the information in them.

2. Still use the MultiPointShape, convert the column value of it into a table, which you can saved the point WKT as “key” and the label you want to saved as “value”, when you need get the label information, you can read it via the WKT.

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Don