ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

PointSymbolType

Hi

I try tu use in a ShapeFile layer

PointStyles.CreateSimplePointStyle(PointSymbolType.Diamond, GeoColor.SimpleColors.Orange, 16);

The point symbol type is not a diamond, it a caractere (t). Star, Star2 and Diamond2 have problem too.

No problem with Circle, Sqare, Cross and Triangle.

Thanks

Laurent M

Hi Laurent M, 

Thanks for your feedback, I guess there should be something wrong with the Encoding to get these special characters using the code as following (Take diamond for example): 

var text = Convert.ToChar(116); 

we are working on it now, once it’s completed, I will update it here. 

Thanks, 
 Johnny

Hi Laurent M,

We looked into this issue and found this is because the Android OS don’t support the “wingdings” font family which exists in Window OS and make this API doesn’t work. We will do more researches to see if is it possible to integrate it into our assembly. 

Currently, I think defining a custom font would be a solution but need you to create a “wingdings” font for Android, after generating it, copy the font file to application Fonts folder, then use it as:

new PointStyle(new GeoFont(“Fonts/wingdings.ttf”, 12), 116, new GeoSolidBrush(GeoColor.SimpleColors.Green));

The character index is 116 which represents a diamond and you can change it to represent other symbols.

If you have any questions on how to create a font file, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks,

Troy

Hi Troy 
 Do you have a wingdings (or dingbats for test) font for Android. 
 I try to use a font, but I have a java exception. 

Thanks 
 Laurent M

Hi Laurent M,

We did some researches and generated a font for android which works fine in our end, please check the attached. Also, I appended some useful links for the font converter.

fontforge.github.io/en-US/
fonts.com/font/microsoft-corporation/wingdings/1

Please let us know if any questions.

Thanks,

Troy

Wingdings.zip (42.3 KB)

Hi  
 And about the problem with Star, Star2 and Diamond2 

Regards 
 Laurent M

Hi Laurent M,  

Please try the same way which troy mentioned before. I guess the exception you get is caused by the incorrect assert name. The following is the characters index:  

Diamond2 117  
 Star 171  
 Star2 181  

But the Star and Star2 are not supports on my visual machine, I guess it maybe be caused by the encoding. We’ll still work on it, any progress will be updated here. 

Thanks,  
 Peter