ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Print in Web Application Code Sample

Hello,

I am wondering about a timeline for the following items for the Web Edition PrinterLayer functionality:
ScaleBarPrinterLayer: this errors for me and when i try it in your sample code it says it is not implemented. When will this be implemented?

Also, it seems the Desktop and WPF versions are the only ones that support the moving/sizing of the different PrinterLayers. When will this be implemented in the Web Edition?

Thanks,
Jesse

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your advice.
It is a new feature for web edition, I will let our developers know it, and you can vote for it here:
http://helpdesk.thinkgeo.com/EnhancementTracker/

Thanks,
Emil

Hello Emil,

I would not think that these are “Enhancements”.

The ScalebarLayer is currently there as an option and I am allowed to create it and add it. However, it just does not work properly. It needs to be voted on in order to be fixed?

The moving/sizing of PrinterLayer items i guess could be considered an enhancement, even though I am now losing this functionality by switching from the Desktop to the Web edition. I don’t see it as a current enhancement in the Enhancement Tracker. Do i need to add it and hope people vote on it or is this something the developers will do since you said you would let them know?

Thanks,
Jesse

Hi Jesse,

Sorry for my misunderstood in my previous post.

I did some tests and the result of using ScaleBarPrinterLayer in the Web Edition is “The Layer must be opened before you can perform this method”, and it had been fixed in the latest Daily Builds version 9.0.0.344(Production) & 9.0.343.0 (Development) or higher version. Please get the fix from Product Center and have a try again. If it is not the same as your issue, please provide more information. if possible could you please upload a simple project to show us your issue.

If you have any issue, do not need to vote, only need to let us know.

For the moving/sizing of PrinterLayer items, you need to add it to Enhancement Tracker. Our developers will conduct an investigation to determine whether to add it in the next version. Enhancement Tracker will serve as a reference.

If something misunderstood here, please provide more information.

Thanks,
Emil

Hello Emil,

I will check out the new build for the ScaleBarPrinterLayer and I added the Moving/Sizing request to the Enhancement Tracker.

Thanks,
Jesse

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the feedback on the Enhancement Tracker. The new versions are available now, please get it from Product Center to have a try again.

Thanks,
Peter