ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Problem with sample

Hi,

I have downloaded the OsmWorldMapKitExplorer sample but can’t run that because of this error :

A first chance exception of type ‘System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException’ occurred in PresentationFramework.dll

Additional information: ‘The invocation of the constructor on type ‘ThinkGeo.MapSuite.WpfDesktopEdition.WpfMap’ that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.’ Line number ‘27’ and line position ‘22’.

Also, I edited SqliteConnectionString and that address is true.

Every firewall and antivirus is disabled and the VS 2013 runs as administrator.

What I must do?

Thanks

Hi Bob, 

The sample which was downloaded from Product Center works well on my side. Please try downloading it from the Product Center and getting the latest DLLs references (Version 9.0.077 or later). 

NOTE:  
 Please make sure that the “WpfDesktopEdition” has been evaluated or active in the Product Center. 

Thanks, 
 Peter

You are true peter, but I also updated sqlite and then everything work good. But zooming to 16, I will get this error every time: 

An unhandled exception of type ‘System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException’ occurred in WpfDesktopEdition.dll 

Additional information: Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Users\Babak\Documents\ThinkGeo\Map Suite 9.0\Code Samples\World Map Kit Explorer_World Map Kit SDK\OsmWorldMapKitExplorer\bin\Debug\Icons\highwayoneway.16.png’. 

Also, is this normal that my cpu usage goes over 30% with zoom in and out on map? (my cpu is coerI5 and 4 gig Ram.)

Thanks

Hi Bob, 

The latest sample has been uploaded. You can get it from our wiki wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/_media/file/World_Map_Kit_SDK_EditionSample_OsmWorldMapKitExplorer_CS_141213.zip or product center. 

I did some tests with Profiler, I guess it should be ok for the CPU usage.  

Thanks, 
 Peter 

Thanks Peter, 
 Now, the icons are true, Thanks. 
 I want to know that is it normal for my PC to take about 3 sec to load every zoom or pan or I have some mistake? 

Thanks

Hi Bob,

I did some tests for the sample and it takes about 0.4s to load every zoom or pan. I think the differences on our PCs are caused by some reasons, such as the different “.sqlite” database, CPU, RAM, and so on.  

There some options to improve the performance.
1.Apply the tile cache to overlay, like “layerOverlay.TileCache = xx”.
2.Change the tile size (TileHeight, TileWidth properties of Overlay) to bigger than default (256 * 256).

More information about tile cache please see here.

Thanks,
Peter