ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Proj4Extensionx64.dll Not Found

Hello,

We are working with desktop version 9.0.515. I’ve recently compiled a new build, and in trying to install it on a client machine, we got the following error:

Could not find Proj4Extensionx64.dll

I cannot find this file on my machine. Is this file a ThinkGeo one? Do I need to include it in my setup project to make sure it in on client’s machines? Where can I download it from?

Thanks,
Dib

Hi Dib,

The Proj4Extensionx64.dll should be a dll which we have removed in 9.0, that existing in 7.0.

So please make sure whether your client’s machine contains the 9.0 folder in this path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64

For solved that, I think you should want to install our SetupUnmanagedDependencies: https://ap.thinkgeo.com:5001/sharing/3whlCEKjd

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Don

Don,

We are using 9.0 DLLs exclusively, that install with the program. Running on a client machine, it is still looking for Proj4Extensionx64.dll. Not sure why that would be. I’ve run the SetupUnmanagedDependencies on my dev machine as well.

Hi Dib,

Just like you seen, we only have Proj4X64.dll instead of old Proj4ExtentsionX64.dll:

I think you should want to check the folder of your client in the folder like: C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Then delete old version folder if it exsit. Then you can install the SetupUnmanagedDependencies in your client’s machine or you can directly copy the dlls to his machine. If you want to include the dlls into your setup application you can use our merge modules.

Regards,

Don

Don,

Looking on some client machines, I don’t see any Map Suite folders under SysWOW64. Can I just reference the Proj4X64.dll, and include it with the program setup?

Hi Dib,

You can directly put the dll in the specified folder just like my screen shot shows, or you can just put it in the same folder of your application, I think you don’t need to add reference for it, our code will automatic search the folder and call it.

Regards,

Don

Don,

I added Proj4X.dll to our setup, and it is copied in the same folder as our .exe. On running this time, we get the following error:

Application: Hurrevac.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at .InvokeFunc(Int32, IntPtr)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(System.Object, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
at xRM=.SkY=.lxo=(System.Object[], System.Type[], xRM=.R0Y=[], System.Type, IntPtr)
at xRM=.SkY=.eiA=(System.String)
at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Core.UnmanagedProj4Projection.eiA=(System.String)
at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Core.UnmanagedProj4Projection.OpenCore()
at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Core.Projection.Open()
at Hurrevac2010.mapDraw_ThinkGeoV6…ctor(ThinkGeo.MapSuite.DesktopEdition.WinformsMap, System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripStatusLabel, System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripStatusLabel, System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripStatusLabel, Hurrevac2010.settingsImportExport)
at Hurrevac2010.Hurrevac2010.Hurrevac2010_Load(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(System.EventArgs)
at Hurrevac2010.HurrevacBaseForm.OnLoad(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

Hi Dib,

That looks you missed the msvcp100 dlls which provided by MS.

There are two solutions here:

1. Install them by our merge module, we suggest you integrate that into your installation.

You can visit this page for detail: http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_services_edition_deployment_guide

And here is the download link: http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/_media/file/MapSuiteUpdatedMergeModules2015-07-06.zip

1. Copy dlls into target folders, please copy them into correct folder:
    4 x86 dlls into syswow64 folder
    4 x64 dlls into system32 folder

I think you can find the dlls in your development machine, if you hadn’t found that please let me know, we can provide you a download link.

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Don

Don,

Do I just need to include the two VC_100_CRT modules? I don’t need all of them, correct?

Hi Dib,

For msvcp100, please add the merge module as below:

And you can add the proj4 related merge module also.

Regards,

Don

Don, the image is not showing. What are the DLLs?

Hi Dib,

I have update the image link, and I can list the msm here:

Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x64.msm
Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x86.msm
Microsoft_VC100_DebugCRT_x64.msm
Microsoft_VC100_DebugCRT_x86.msm

Regards,

Don

Don, that did the trick. Thanks

Hi Dib,

I am glad to hear that works.

Regards,