ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

RasterLayer will not be displayed

Hi,
some strange behaviour on a brand new PC: I install our application on a new PC and all data sources with raster (GeoTIFF, WMS…) will not be display, getting error…null ptr…
On a different (but also new) pc everything is working fine.
Both pc running Win10 Enterprise and memory is 8 GB.

Any idea to solve the problem?
What could cause the problem?

Regards
Hardy

Hi Hardy,

We hadn’t met that before, I think it’s related with environment.

Does only raster layer don’t works, whether other type data for example shape file render nothing also?

Because many raster layers need to be rendered via c++ dll library, and we call them via reflection, so I think that’s maybe a security problem.

For test I think you can try to assign administrator security to your application and see whether it can works, and write code or use some 3rd part utility to catch more detail exception information.

Any thinking about it I will share in this topic.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,
sorry for getting back lately. I have tried to work with admin security but there is no effect.
Still can’t get raster to work on that machine…

Any tip?

Regards
Hardy

Hi Hardy,

You mentioned the error is null ptr, I am not sure whether it’s thrown from our C++ dll or the system C++ dll.

I think you can do something to make sure that:

a. Try our MapSuiteRuntimeDependencies.msi here: https://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_runtime_license_guide_for_desktop
b. You can try to install our packages in target machine again, the script will copy necessary dlls in packages.
c. Copy all related folders from your other machine, and see whether that’s helpful.

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

I have installed the msi package and now it’s working.

Regards
Hardy

Hi Hardy,

I am glad to hear that works.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,
sorry for getting back to that issue.
Trying to install the msi on a win7 32bit fails.
Is there a native 32bit msi?

Regards
Hardy

Hi Hardy,

Could you please double check the folders in your x86 system? Our msi copy the folder for both x64 and x86.

Or you can check whether you assign administrator security to the installer.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

I can’t still start the msi. Error message is …msi is no legal Win32-Application…
Running on Win7 32bit Home Premium
My task has Admin privs.

Any idea?

Regards
Hardy

Hi Hardy,

The guy who work on package is off duty now, so we will check the msi tomorrow.

If you want to test that now, you can try to build a installer with the merge module or directly copy the folders from your x64 machine.

I will update this after we have news about it.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Hardy,

This msi is built by wix toolset, it looks it’s maybe a bug about this utility, our developer need some time do further research about that.

For X86 I think copy these dlls is enough, you can copy them from your x64 machine:

If we get any news about it we will let you know.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Hardy,

We update the zip package in this page: https://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_runtime_license_guide_for_desktop

You can download it to get the package you need:

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,
it’s working.
Best regards!
Hardy

Hi Hardy,

I am glad to hear that’s helpful.

Regards,

Ethan