ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Re-projecting RasterLayer/TIFF

Hello again,

I have searched through the dicussion forums and the Wiki, but haven't really found an answer to my problem, and I'm hoping you wonderful support people will be able to help me! I'm attemping to add EPSG:900913 to my WMS server, but I haven't really found a way to convert TIFF images into that projection from CRS:84. I understand that a raster is essentially pre-rendered, so I'm not sure if there actually is a way to do this. Might you have any pointers for me?  I've included a sample of the images I'm working with, in case that might help. Thank you so much again!

-Dustin

IR_NOAM.zip (249 KB)

Dustin,

Thanks for your questions!

As so far we don't have the ability to project any images, here are two posts that related to your question below:

gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/Dis...fault.aspx

gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/Dis...fault.aspx

If you think this new feature is a good addition to Map Suite, please feel free to suggest it on our enhancement tracker at:  

helpdesk.thinkgeo.com/EnhancementTracker

and see if the Map Suite community will give it any votes.

Thanks,

Scott,

Thanks Scott,

I figured that would be a feature you guys would have, being the best of the best! ; )

I think I might be able to make my own implementation of the layer, I was just hoping I missed something and could save the effort.  

Thanks so much for your help!

-Dustin

Dustin, 

You are welcome! Any more questions please let me know again, 

Thanks, 

Scott,

Dustin, 

This is something that is on our list and we have outlined the technology to accomplish it we are just waiting to finish up some other items to start working on it. 

David

Thank you for the update, David. Is this going to be in the near future, or still quite a ways off? I'm trying to judge if it's worth the time to put effort in to developing this on my side, or work on something else and wait for your fantastic team to create it. 

-Dustin

Dustin,

As so far,  we don't have a timeline for re-project images of MapSuite, but we have started to research the re-project for images. If you think this new features is a good addition to Map Suite, please feel free to suggest it on our enhancement tracker at:  

helpdesk.thinkgeo.com/EnhancementTracker

and see if the Map Suite community will give it any votes.

Thanks,

Scott,

Hello again,

Sorry to ressurect an old topic, but I see that the ability to reproject raster layers has been added. That's great news for me! However, I can't seem to get her working... I've just downloaded, intalled, and referenced to version 6, but appears that GeoTiffRasterLayer.ImageSource doesn't have a "Projection" property available (from the sample code here wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/Source_Code_ServicesEditionSample_GeoRasterProjection_CS_120720.zip). I could be missing something, but have you got any hints on what I am doing wrong? Thanks for the help again!

-Dustin

Hi Dustin, 

Are you referencing the 6.0.0.0 dlls? The Projection property was added after the 6.0.0.0, please get the 6.0.104.0 and have a try. 

Regards, 

Edgar

Ah, yes, I guess that would do it! I thought I remembered reading it was in the stable production build in one of the newsletters, but this works just as well. Thank you very much for the help.

Hello Dustin, 

You are welcome, feel free to let us know your problem. 

Regards, 

Gary