ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Redundant Results

Hi,

We've found that when we type in some address, we get redundant results.  For example:

12981 Boston Ave Chino CA

Will return

12981 Boston Ave Avenue 91710 CA

12981 BOSTON Avenue 91710 CA

As you can see, one just adds the suffix twice.

Thanks,

.Ryan.

are there any ideas how to resolve this?

Hello Ryan, 

Sorry for delay, our development team are working on this, I will post the result here as soon as possible. 

Thanks for your understanding and patience. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hi Ryan,

We couldn't recreated your issue. We geocoded that address with version 6.0.0.0 and here is what we got:

BOSTON Avenue 91710 CA

BOSTON Avenue 33542 FL

BOSTON Road 40107 KY

So can you let me know your code as well as the version of GeoCoder you are using? I know in the latest version, "Boston Ave" is disgarded in the final result, I'm not sure if there was an issue in the previous version. 

Thanks,

Ben

Was this ever resolved? I’m using version 9 of GeoCoder and I am able to duplicate the issue. 

If I enter 35 Macopin Ave, Riverdale, NJ… I get 2 results. 

35 Macopin Avenue and 35 Macopin Ave Avenue.  All the additional fields are the same.

Hi Dave,

I remembered this issue was resolved since v8.0.0.120 (8.0.120.0). I did a test with Geocoder Edition v9.0.0.0 and v8.0.0.0. 

GeoCoder 8.0.0.0:

GeoCoder 9.0.0.0:

Would you please verify it and check if any differences between us?

Thanks,

Troy

I am using GeoCoder Version 9.0.0.0 assembly. I am seeing this trying to do a search by Street, City and State.

My code is below along with a result screen shot.  This is a newly written app from the ground up.  I am not using your demo.

Dim dataPath As String "L:\MyData\MapSuiteGeoCoderFullData"
Dim results As System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection(Of GeocoderMatch)
Dim usaGeocoder As New UsaGeocoder(dataPath, MatchMode.ExactMatch, StreetNumberMatchingMode.ExactMatch)
Try
    usaGeocoder.Open()
    If Me.txtZipcode.Text.Trim = “” Then
        results = usaGeocoder.Match(Me.txtAddress.Text, Me.txtCity.Text, Me.txtState.Text)
    Else
        results = usaGeocoder.Match(Me.txtAddress.Text, Me.txtZipcode.Text)
    End If
Finally
    usaGeocoder.Close()
End Try

The search is filtered down as I am checking for City and Zip match before displaying results in an attempt to narrow down to one result.

Dim multiPointShape As New MultipointShape()
Dim matchString As String If(SearchType = GeocoderSearchType.Street, “Street”String.Empty)
Dim searchResultItems As New System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection(Of GeocoderMatch)()
For Each item As GeocoderMatch In results
    If String.IsNullOrEmpty(matchString) OrElse item.NameValuePairs.ContainsKey(matchString) Then
        If item.NameValuePairs(“CityAlias”).Trim = Me.txtCity.Text.Trim Or item.NameValuePairs(“Zip”).Trim = Me.txtZipcode.Text.Trim Then
            AddSearchResultMarkerWithToolTip(item, multiPointShape)
            searchResultItems.Add(item)
        End If
    End If
Next

The system we are developing has separate Street, City, State and Zip from our customer database.  I am looking to get the most precise address lookup with the least amount of redundant results.  Even with a Zipcode I still get a redundant result. While I could just grab the first row I don’t see why I need to code for this.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the codes and we are using difference overload method. In before we only fixed one Match overload method and missing the others. Now, we fix the others,  Would you please try to get the latest GeoCoder version to fix the issue? The fixed version should be 9.0.50.0(development) and 9.0.0.50(production).

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Troy

Troy, I am still only seeing version 9.0.49.0 for dev and 9.0.0.23 for production in the Product Center.  Is there somewhere else I should be looking for the downloads?

Hi Dave,

I checked our daily build system and it encountered an error yesterday, I think you may need to wait for another day. 

Btw, for the production version, we’ve stopped to build for a while as some reasons and stopped at 9.0.0.23. But I guess this build will be restored soon. Please use the dev version till then. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Troy

It’s now been 7 days. Any estimates as to when you will release 9.0.50.0 daily build with this fix?  We paid an aweful lot of money for your software but there always seems to be an excuse as to why updates aren’t being released.  What is your release schedule for your product?  I’d like to be able to plan our projects and give some realistic expectations to our customers who will use our product assuming I can get ThinkGeo working correctly in our application.

Dave,

Sorry for the waiting, we update the release package, the latest package is 9.0.0.58 and should be available in product center or customer portal. Please check it and let us know if the original issue fixed.

Thanks,

Troy

This has resolved the issue.  Thank you.

You are welcome, Dave. 
 If any other questions, don’t hesitate to let us know. 

Thanks, 
 Troy