ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Removing "Unlicensed for Runtime" Messages From Your Maps

Q: Why is there an "Unlicensed for Runtime" watermark on the map after deploying my web application to IIS?

A: You are seeing this message because the Production Web Server license is not installed on your server. There are two kinds of licenses for Map Suite Web Edition:

1. The Development License is for a development environment.  It allows you to develop your application within Visual Studio.

2. The Production Web Server License is for a production environment.  It removes the "Unlicensed" watermark in runtime.

To install the Production Web Server License, you need to run the Map Suite Web Edition Server Preparation Tool that can be found in the My Downloads section of the Customer Portal.  Easy-to-follow installation instructions are included with the tool.

If you have any additional questions about the Production Web Server License or the Server Preparation Tool, feel free to post them below.  If you need help setting up server licensing in your specific environment, please open a support ticket at the Customer Portal and our professional support staff will be happy to assist you.

Thanks for choosing Map Suite!

The ThinkGeo Team

I can't find any reference to the Server Preparation Tool in my downloads ares, I only have the following:

Purchased Products Download

Map Suite Web Edition 4.0.40.0

Daily Development Build Download

WebEditionFull4.0.94.0DllPackage.zip

Daily Production Build Download

WebEditionFull4.0.40.54DllPackage.zip 

Where can I download the server preparation tool?

Iain, 

The server preparation tool has been added to your My Downloads in the Customer Portal. 

Thanks!

Hi, 

I still get the “unlicensed” watermark despite having run the Server Prep Tool.  

It only appears when I display a TabFeatureLayer, though. Why is that ? 

I just ran the Prep Tool again, choosing “Repair”. It erred saying I have no more activations left. I wasn’t trying to activate anything, just repair my installation (if it needed such). 

Please advise. 

Lars, 

In order to reproduce your problem by using TabFeatureLayer, could you provide a simple sample to us? 

Abhout “Repair”, I think we don’t implement it, actually it will uninstall and install package, so it’s useless for your requirement, 

Thanks, 
 James

James, 

As I wrote, the watermarking is only displayed when the TabFeatureLayer is turned on. And it’s definitely not included in the data. 

So I assume the problem lies with the server installation, or the FDO extension. Is this assumption correct ? If so, what kind of simple sample do you want me to send to you ? 

Lars, 

We are trying to deploy a sample by using TabFeatureLayer and see if we could reproduce your problem on our local machine. 

I will let you know our test result ASAP. 

Thanks, 
 James

"   1. The Development License is for a development environment. It allows you to develop your application within Visual Studio. 
     2. The Production Web Server License is for a production environment. It removes the "Unlicensed" watermark in runtime. 
 "  
 means that, development license and product webserver license are independent so Can I use Trial Development License + Production Web Server License to have a fully licensed product?

Duong, 

They are separate, one is for development and the other is for deploying the product.  

Production Web Server License only works with the Full Edition assemblies, so we cannot deploy a production server with an Eval Edition web assembly.  

Thanks, 

Ben

Hi all, 
 sorry but I’m a little lost, I have the following programs: 

1) MapSuiteWebEditionServer.msi (5.5.0.0) 

2) Map Suite Web Full Edition 5.5 Setup.msi 

I think the 1st is for the production server and the second is for my developpment machine am I right ? 

And also for the licenses, I have two licenses which are the same except the 3 letters (one is “WEB” and the other is “MSW”) which is for what ? 

Thank you very much.

Hi Gautier,  

You are correct.  

MapSuiteWebEditionServer.msi is for installing a Production Web Server License on your Prodution Web Server. You will find this listed under ‘Map Suite Web Edition Server Prep Tool’ in the My Product Downloads section of the Customer Portal. Simply look for the Serial Number listed next to this product to find the correct Serial Number. 

Map Suite Web Edition 5.5 Setup.msi is for installing the Development License of Map Suite Web. This is listed under ‘Map Suite Web Edition 5.5.0.0’ in the My Product Downloads section of the Customer Portal.

Thank you very much for these pecisions. 

One last question, does the length of the license starts when I activate it on the server or when I buy it ? 
 Thanks.

Hi  Gautier,  

There is not a time limit associated with the Production Web Server licenses.

I was talking about the "1-Year Software Assurance Plan" 

Hi Gautier,  
 The 1-Year Software Assurance plan for the Development License starts on the date of purchase, not on the date of installation. 
 The Production Server Licenses do not have Software Assurance plans and thus do not expire.

Thank you. 

What I was wondering is up to when or to which version can I upgrade freely my production server and my developpement machine ? 
 Thanks.

Your current software assurance plan expires on 7/8/2010 (mm/dd/yyyy) so you are welcome to updated your Map Suite Web Developer License to the 5.5 version which is our latest version. If version 6.0 is released before that date you would also be welcome to update to that version.

I too need this tool and don’t see it on my Customer Portal download page. 

Charles

Hi Charles,  

I checked your account and updated the Server Preparation Tool so it is available in the My Product Downloads.

Can you provide instructions on how to switch the development license from one machine to a new one? I am replacing my development laptop with a new one.