ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Routing Add-on with WMS Server Edition

Hi,

We are using Wms Server Edition, the wmspluginservices, to serve our map thru IIS to consume it in our web application project.  I just learned that it is not recommended to use routing with the wms server edition as wms server serves up static data whereas routing will be generated dynamically by the client using the web application. 

I would like to know if it is possible to  develop a map using one of the products supported by routing like map suite web edition and make it as a wms plugin service to be consumed in our other web application develeoped using dev-express?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Shailesh, 

Thanks for your post, attached is the sample code based on WmsPlugin of WmsServerEdition and Openlayers, would you please try it? 

If any question, please feel free to let us know. 

Hope it helps 

Johnny

Post11170Pulgin.txt (640 Bytes)
Post11170SampleHtml.txt (780 Bytes)

Hi Rumeysa, 

Thanks for your post. 

The answer is yes if we would like to develop a map with a wms routing plugin. Following are the steps you can try: 

1. Preparing a routing plugin. You need to override some necessary methods like GetMapConfigurationCore which used to init plugin map, GetMapCore which used to process every request and return a bit map to the client, more details please see quick start: wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/Map_S...tart_Guide...

3. So, the key is the GetMapCore method, you need to catch the request parameters and then route according to those parameters like start point and end point. After routing, draw the Routing layer on a bitmap with GdiPlusGeoCanvas. There is a similar sample you can reference: Wms Edition => Web how do I sample => SimulateVehicleTrackingWmsLayerPlugin.

5. Start the plugin service

7. Binding the plugin service with wmsOverlay in Web Edtion. As you said you are using Dev-Express, we guess it should be fine to work with it.

Hope it helps and If any other questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks

Johnny