ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Selection and Deselection on Click

I’m attempting to draw a polygon around a crop field with an aerial photo in the background.  I created the shape file for my crop field layer but a weird problem keeps coming up.  If I draw a polygon and complete it by double clicking, the polygon is still selected.  If I start and complete another polygon then the first one is still selected.  Or after drawing a polygon I click the selection tool and click in an open area of the map the polygons still remain selected.  The problem with this is that it gets confusing if one wants to input attribute data.  So if you click edit data and open the table to input data many times is causing error.  I think it a corruption between the shp and dbf file.  

Does anyone else have this same issue or what am I missing?

Here’s the error code.

Source:  MapSuiteCore

Message:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stack:     at LhQ=.bF4=.b14=(Byte[] cF4=)

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Core.Feature.GetBoundingBoxCore()

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.GisEditor.DataViewerViewModel.GetBoundingBox(Feature tmpFeature)

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.GisEditor.DataViewerViewModel.ZoomToFeatures(IEnumerable`1 features)

at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Hi Shad,

Sorry for the delay and welcome to map suite forums!

For your first issue, I am not sure if there is anything your operation is incorrect or something else. But I took a video to show how it works in my side. Please have a look. screencast.com/t/drYorS2vP

As for the second issue, sorry to say I didn’t reproduce it in my end, would you please took a video to show your issue or provide us more details to recreate the issue stable? We also took a test video in our end.  screencast.com/t/iAiZqpMz

Thanks,

Troy