ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Showing Latitude Longitude graticule on the map

In the "How do I" sample project, there is a project "Determine where the user clicked in world coordinate". You can see more tricks related to spatial references on the map in a project in our Code Community. 

You can see in the project "Latitude Longitude Coordinate"  code.thinkgeo.com/projects/show/graticule some techniques to offer more spatial clues to the user navigating the map. We show how to display lines of latitudes (parallels) and lines of longitude (meridians). We also show how to get the latitude and longitude from the mouse pointer.

Val, 
 Thanks for all the great samples. In the project overview it mentions: 

"In the future, we will offer another class for graticule with more options for formatting and displaying the graticule. It will also offer projection support for map that are not in Decimal Degrees map unit." 

In there a sample for graticules supporting projections yet?  

Also, in my application that implements your sample without projections, the longitudes are not labeled.  

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. 

Eric 

Eric, 

I think there is still not a sample for graticules supporting projections, but I think Val already has an idea about it, he will give your exact answer later. 

In order to make your problem clear, I want to collect more information by some questions. Just some ideas, if you fell not comfortable, you don’t need answer all of them. 
 How about the latitudes, is it the same as longitudes that are not labeled? Could you provide more information about how your application implements our sample? Do you copy the code of GraticuleAdornmentLayer and don’t change anything? Could you provide the simple sample that can show your problem? If it is possible, could you provide a screen-shot for your problem? 

Thanks 

James 

We are going to add the class GraticuleAdornmentLayer to the Map Suite API. With that class, you will have the Meridian and Parrallels lines showing on the map as you see in the Code Community project. It will work with the map in decimal degrees and also with projected data. Once we have that added to the API, we will add a project illustrating this to the Code Community. Thank you.

As a preview, you can see some screen shot of maps with GraticuleAdornmentLayer with Lambert and Robinson projections:

Lambert:

Robinson:

Sorry for the posts in two different forums. My environment is Desktop so I'll keep my replys here only.

James - Not sure why, but the labeling for longitude seemed to automagically start working. It may have been related to a specific  large map scale. I did implelemt the sample verbatim, so at this point I'll withold any code. It is not much use to me anyway, until it works with projections.

Val - Thanks for the Info. I look for forward to the enhancement. Please keep us posted as to when it becomes available.

Eric

Thanks Val, hope we can have this enhancement in code community soon.