ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

ThinkgeoCloudMapOverlay Projection Issue

Dear @Ethan,

It is actually an old issue only.

Please look at this post for more understanding the problem.

But earlier we were using Countries.shp Shape file. But now we are using “ThinkGeoCloudMapsOverlay” for displaying the World Basemap.

In general(with all flights) I am using following projection. And it is working fine this projection
Proj4Projection proj = new Proj4Projection();
proj.InternalProjectionParametersString = Proj4Projection.GetEpsgParametersString(4326);
proj.ExternalProjectionParametersString = Proj4Projection.GetEpsgParametersString(3857);

But when I wanted to show particular flight in separate window, I am changing the External projection(It is my client’s requirement) based on flight route (lat, long) , and displaying .

I am using following projection for one of the Flight
Proj4Projection proj = new Proj4Projection();
proj.InternalProjectionParametersString = Proj4Projection.GetEpsgParametersString(4326);
proj.ExternalProjectionParametersString = “+proj=lcc +lat_1=15 +lat_2=55 +lat_0=40 +lon_0=-89+x_0=0 +y_0=0 +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +units=m +no_defs”;

In this case page keep on loading and not displaying properly .

Please look into this issue and provide me needful, This is also one of the major point in my Application.

Thank you,
Ashok

Hi Ashok,

Our CloudMapsOverlay don’t support projection, so even if you reproject your flight succed, it cannot match the base map.

And I hadn’t find what’s the projection number of your proj4 string, so I am not sure whether it have its valid area. If some of your flight lines out of the valid area for target projection, it will get strange result after reproject.

So I think more information about your problem should be helpful.

Regards,

Ethan