ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Touch Screen Tap issue with MapSuite Version 9.x

We have map control in our application with Custom Menu Buttons in WPF application to select required functions… There is button to select asset on Map, it used to work fine with MapSuit 8.x. When we upgraded library to 9.x for pinch & zoom functionality on map, we can use select asset on map using mouse, but it does not work with tap on touch screen. We have most of clients using Windows Tablet, where they tap to select asset on map…
Any help to fix it asap because clients at field can not use mouse at all. I believe, I may need to change some code for touch screen in WpfDesktopEdition:WpfMap control.
Quick help is highly appreciable.

HI Malhaar,

Do you means for 9.0 the pinch zoom don’t works but it works on 8.0? We maybe need a device to reproduced that.

And could you please try our sample http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/source_code_wpfdesktopeditionsample_touchevents_cs_140701.zip to see whether that works for you with 9.0 by touch?

Regards,

Don

Hi Don,

I am also encountering the similar issue with touch.Cannot place a point on map.It used to work fine in previous version but not working with 9.0. Could you please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Hi Patrick,

Could you please tried to reproduce that in our latest V10? Because if we found the issue on V9, we also cannot release a new version for you.

And if it can be reproduced, please upload a really simple sample, and let us know your test device, so our developer can look into it.

Regards,

Don

Hi Don,

Our last production version of the application used ThinkGeo 7 and touch was worked fine. Could you please guide me on downloading the ThinkGeo 7 and 8 prodcuct versions?

Thanks,

Hi Patrick,

Because the version 7 and 8 is old version, so if you want to get them we need manual share the download link for the specified detail version.

Could you please create a ticket and let us know the detail version you want, for example: latest release version 7, latest development version 8, 7.0.0.0 etc. So we can provide the download link for you.

Regards,

Don

Don,
Thanks for the information.

Below events are handled in my code

1)Map_MapClick(object sender, MapClickWpfMapEventArgs e)
2) private void TrackEnded(object sender, TrackEndedTrackInteractiveOverlayEventArgs e)

But when I use touch on Windows 7 machine,Map_MapClick event is raised

and touch event on map for the application installed on Windows 10 is raising TrackEnded event.

Could you please let me know the reason for this. Are the Map events to be raised would depend on the operating system of the windows application installation?

Thanks,

Point type drawings are working in Windows 7 machine but not working on Windows 10. I have written code inside Map_MapClick event to to draw point type. But this event is firing only for mouse click and not for touch. So please guide me how to fix this issue and let me know why Map_MapClick is not firing when I use touch on windows 10.

Thanks,

Hi Patrick,

We need find a device to test that, any update I will let you know.

Regards,

Don

Hi Patrick,

We tried to reproduce that but it looks the event works.

The test environment is MapSuite V9, OS win 10.

Please view our test sample: TouchTest.zip (2.0 MB)

And as below is the test video:

Please let me know if we ignored any information.

Regards,

Don