ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Unable to add parameter for GoogleOverlay

Hi All,

It seems that I am unable to add a "key" parameter to the Parameters property on a GoogleOverlay. I am watching Fiddler as the requests go out to Google Maps servers (free version, just giving it a whirl), but they do not include the 'key' property, which seems to be now required to use the Static Maps API (as seen here developers.google.com/maps/documentation/staticmaps/#api_key). I am using the Daily Production build 6.0.0.206. Can you suggest a way to add this parameter to the request? Thanks very much!

-Dustin

Hi Dustin, 

We recently made a change to MapSuiteCore to support an APIKey parameter but this has not yet migrated to the SilverlightEdition. So currently the Silverlight Edition only supports the Free/No Key Google Maps or the Enterprise Key that uses the ClientID/PrivateKey parameters. 

You might be able to use the SendingWebRequest event of the GoogleOverlay to intercept the request and modify it to include the APIKey but the best way to add this functionality is for our team to make the internal change. We will update you when this is available in the Silverlight Edition.