ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Using CreateKmlFile

Hi all,

I’m trying to create a KML from a SHP file, which is working quite well, but I cannot seem to get the associated data with the features in the SHP file to be populated in the KML file. I would have expected it to be in an ExtendedData <extendeddata>element, but the generated files do not have this anywhere. Am I doing something wrong, or is ExtendedData not supported? 

Thanks for your help!

-Dustin</extendeddata>

Hi Dustin, 

We support read and write ExtentedData, but we need make sure the ExtendedData of KmlFeature contains values we want, so it can be saved to KML. If you found that’s empty please assign value to it. 

If the issue still don’t solved, please upload more detail code so I can help you debug and fix it. 

Regards, 

Don

Hello, I need to do the same, I mean create a KML from a SHP file, can you share an example to do this? 
 Thanks in advance.

Hi Julieta, 

Maybe we will build the sample for convert from a shape file to a KML in future, but I am sorry we don’t have it for now. 

If you want to implement that, you need make sure the format of KML then get all shape files from our layer and read all column values then save to different tags under KML. 

Wish that’s helpful. 

Regards, 

Don