ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Web Edition 4.5 in Telerik Update Panel

Hi,

We use the web edition maps on almost every page of our ASP.Net Dot Net 4.0 Web Forms application.

We also make extensive use of Telerik controls and have issues when using their update panel.

On postback the map disappears, similiar to the issue below. The background [using the default maps] is blue and the zoom bar and other controls are not rendered.

gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/Dis...fault.aspx

This issue does not occur when using the standard ajax update panel.

All other controls seem fine within a Telerik update panel.

Due to the way we have designed our application reverting back to the standard panel causes other  issues.

Do you have any workaround for or extra information on  this.

Liam

Hi Liam, 

Sorry it look I cannot download the dll of Telerik. 

The page said "We are sorry, but you are not license developer for this product." after I register and login. Could you sent me the necessary dll via email?  

By the way, you can reply your question in the thread you refer if you think they are the same problem. 

Regards, 

Don

Hi Don,

Thanks for your response on this.

One of the developers changed the approch on working with the map and specified the map as following in the telerik Rad Page View control that we are uusing to allow the map to be displayed in a tab on the screen. [This is very specific to our implementation]

<

telerik:RadPageView ContentUrl

="Map.aspx"

There is a consequence that the map appears in an IFrame in the wizard but this was worked around using other means.

The telerik update panel worked fine so we can close this issue [for us at least].

Thanks,

Liam

Liam, 

Thanks for your update. I think your solution should be very helpful for some other guys who are using both of Telerik control and our map. 

Regards, 

Don

hello 

I am the person of the related thread. 

Liam, we are using the extact same solution : insert the think geo map in an external iframe. but this is only a workaround because in this iframe you can not use teleril ajax panel (for those who know telerik better : radajaxpanel or radajaxmanager). you need to work with asp:panel 

you cite a radPageView, we are using in different project some telerik components like radwindows or radsplitters. in the background all those controls use iframes. 

so the question is still open : why think geo maps can not be used with telerik ajax panels ? 

Hi sebastien, 

Thanks for your sustained attention of our products. 

We don’t know how telerik ajax panel implement their ajax, but because our mapsuite also implement our ajax, so I think somewhere may conflict. 

I am sorry for take trouble to you. I think we will try to test compatibility with telerik ajax panel and solve the conflict in future. 

Regards, 

Don

Hi, 

I’d just like to say that I’ve really enjoyed using Map Suite products in the passed and recently we started developing with Telerik Rad Controls for several reasons. The ability to leverage the strength of both of these products for our new GIS applications will be crucial, and both together are potentially very useful with one another. I’d appreciate this functionality explored as well. 

Thanks, 
 Nelson

Nelson, 

Thank you so much for choose and enjoy our products! 

I will let our developers know your important opinion about need to let map suite work well with the Telerik Rad Controls together, they should research it and try to fix that in our future version.  

We will do our best to make sure our map control be worked out to our customer’s satisfaction. Thanks for all of your response! 

Regards, 

Don

Hello,

I was wondering if this has been explored more over the last few years. We are having the issues with RadAjaxPanel and the web map. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Neil

Hi Neil,

Do you think the workaround of Liam is helpful for your scenario?

For some reason, we hadn’t got great progress on this problem.

If you think this issue is important feature, please vote for it in our vote system: http://helpdesk.thinkgeo.com/EnhancementTracker

Vote for it can help increase its priority in our list.

Regards,

Don

Thanks Don,

The work around could prove beneficial to us and we are currently trying to implement that. We were curious about the progress on working with the Telerik controls and thought to ask just in case it had been implemented. Thank you for the enhancement tracker suggestion and for replying to this quickly.

Regards,

Neil

Hi Neil,

I am glad that’s helpful. Any question please let us know.

Regards,

Don