ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Where is the replacement for PrinterInteractiveOverlay?

We are in the process of upgrading from MS Winforms 9 to 10. We are having to make hundred of changes due to all the new namespaces and changes to the APIs.

I have been able to figure it all out except that now it appears that PrinterInteractiveOverLay is deprecated. References to it are ambiguous because there are two of them listed in ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Winforms, though neither of them displays any properties in the object explorer in Visual Studio.

What replaces PrinterInteractiveOverLay??

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

I think the PrinterInteractiveOverLay class should be contained in https://www.nuget.org/packages/ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Layers.Printers/11.0.0-beta007

And you can view this sample which shows how to use it https://github.com/ThinkGeo/PrintPreviewSample-ForWpf

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Don

Hi Don,

I installed ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Layers.Printers/11.0.0-beta007 and it does not contain class PrinterInteractiveOverlay. So now I have two more questions.

1. Again, where can I find PrinterInteractiveOverlay.
  2. When will there be a stable release version that contains this class? We cannot distribute our application to clients using pre-release software.

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

My last reply is incorrect, in fact the PrinterInteractiveOverLay is default contained in winforms package, all stable release version contains this class.

You can quickly create a sample app via our online template follow this guide http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_project_template_guide

And you can directly use this class:

Regards,

Don

Hi Don,

As I mentioned in my original post, PrinterInteractiveOverlay cannot be added from ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Winforms because of the following error:

’PrinterInteractriveOveraly in ambiguous in the namespace 'ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Winforms.

If I look at Object Browser I can plainly see that the entry for PrinterInrteractiveOverlay is duplicated. In addition, If I place my mouse above the error in the code window there is a balloon that indicates the class has been deprecated.

Take a look at the screenshot.

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Please test attached sample here, you can see the PrinterInteractiveOverLay works well and it don’t have error when debug. 8644.zip (102.4 KB)

I guess your problem is because you don’t only reference the v10 dll, you should also reference another dll for example v9.

Could you please upload a really simple sample, you can delete all the code but only leave the reference dlls and project, so we can see whether we can reproduce that local.

In my side, there aren’t the duplication classes.

Regards,

Don

Hi Don,

Thanks for your help. I was able to compare the references in your sample to my nuget packages and discovered I had a pre-release version of MapSuite for Winforms. This is my first experience with Nuget so I’m not even sure how that happened. I made the correction and now it works correctly. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers!

Steve

Hi Steve,

I am glad to hear that works for you. In fact when I start to touch NuGet I met many problem. But now I think it’s really a good way to manage the packages.

Any question please let us know.

Regards,

Don