ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

WMS Feature support on server

Hi,

I am still learning and trying to understand how to work with the data and existing applications that I have. The problem I am trying to solve today is how do i send data 

- in a WMS plugin so that in addition to sending map tiles, I can send send some extra data as well.  

WMS supports this in GetFeatureInfo..

- (perhaps as a geojson or some other way) to hook in to on the client side javascript and based on that data, fetch content for popups from another service or simply color a line/polygon based on data returned from another service..

Thanks, Shailesh

Is anything unclear about this question? 
 The above is required in a WMS plugin so that in addition to sending map tiles, I can send send some extra data as well.  
 WMS supports this in GetFeatureInfo… 

I have not yet figured out how I can achieve the above… 

Hello Shailesh, 

Sorry for waiting, I’m working on this now, I will post here as soon as possible. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hello Shailesh,  

Are you using our webedition in client side? 

I think we don’t support Json for GetFeatureInfo now. Currently we only support HTML for that. 

Regards, 

Don

Don,  

I am using ‘WMS Server Edition’ and need to provide features. 
 I am aware that I can consume features from other WFS server using _wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Core.WfsFeatureLayer.  

Gary, do you have a timeframe for this? 

Thanks and Regards, 
 Shailesh 

Hello Shailesh, 

Sorry, Don was work on this last few days, I’m back to working this now. 

It’s possible to get data from another service, absolutely you need to process the data.  now what’s your scenario? Do you need guild of how to get the data? Or you meet any problem or issues when you do this? 

Sorry if I misunderstanding something. 

Regards, 

Gary 

Gary, I am trying to also provide data instead of just maps through the thinkgeo plugin implementation.  

It’s possible to get data from another service I am aware of this and I pointed to your documentation for consuming.  

If you are speaking about using client side code to point to a third party WFS /custom service to consume feature data, then please confirm that I cannot already provide this by writing plugins using “Map Suite WMS Server Edition Support”. 

Did I misunderstand something? 

Regards, 
 Shailesh 

Shailesh,

Thanks for your question, the Map Suite WMS Server only has support for serving up WMS Tiles and not for serving up feature information like WFS.  If you want to server up feature information you would need to create your own WFS server or create your own special web service to do this as the Map Suite WMS Server is currently limited to supporting only the WMS interface.  

To build your own WFS service you would utilize the Map Suite services edition and then write the web service interface to match the OGC Standard at:

opengeospatial.org/standards/wfs.  

However if you just need something simple you can always write your own web service with your own custom interface to retrieve the feature data.   For an example on how to do this, check out the Get Data From Server with WCF at the link below:

wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/Map_S...r_With_WCF

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!