ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

WMS with Desktop edition

Hi,

I am using Mapsuite desktop edition from quite long time. We have number of static and dynamic overlays with different functionality. Now we want to improve on map speed. I read about Map suite WMS server edition. It says we can call WMS layers through desktop edition.
How to design application using WMS Server edition and Desktop edition as client to improve performance. Please give example and also explain its advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks,
Goral

Hi Goral,

Thanks for give attention to our WMS server edition, in fact we have a special page which introduce about this version, it include many videos, you can find them here: http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_wms_server_edition

I think that include more information than we can described in this post. Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Don

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I have gone through your samples. WMS server edition supports raster layers and shapefilefeaturelayers to transfer via WMSRaster layer to client applciation. I am not able to understand how to transfer inmemoryfeaturelayers to WMS server.

Thanks,
Goral

Hi Goral,

I think if that’s a WMSxxx layer, that means it follow the WMS format, so that will only be transferred like tile images.

But I hadn’t found the related topic in our wiki page, could you please let me know which video talked about that? So I can look into it and see whether I missed some feature of WMS server edition.

Regards,

Don

Hi,

My question is I am drawing features using Inmemoryfeaturelayer in Desktop edition. Using WMS Server edition we can transfer shapefiles layers processing on server. So how to transfer inmemoryfeaturelayer logic to WMS server layers.

Thanks,
Goral

Hi Goral,

I think all handle logic with shape should be placed on server side, if you want to render something in inmemoryfeaturelayer, the data should be on the server side but is not upload from client side in our map logic.

I am not very clearly about the detail usage about this version, but I think you can download the sample and see how to use them here: http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_wms_server_edition_all_samples

Regards,

Don