ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

WmsTiledLayer - Exception

Hi Dennis,

I guess you have more than one account, I suggest you clear all you activation by each account, after that delete all cached packages and folders, get the latest package from NuGet again, login your mainly account, and activation the products one by one.

Then I wish your application works well.

Today I did a quickly test about set Winforms as eval and WPF as activated, it works correct.

Regards,

Ethan

Ethan,

I have never purchased MapSuite WinForms. I have WpfDesktopEdition and WMS Server. Compiling one of your WinForms provided applications installed an eval copy. So yes, on my machine I have WPF and WinForms, but I never wanted and don’t want WinForms.

How does one de-activate the eval copy of WinForms? And the bigger question is how did it get entangled with WpfDesktopEdition.

Would you be kind enough please to list all the cached nuget packages and folders?

I have removed all the cached packages that I could find and reinstalled the packages and I sill get the 22 days left.

Below is the MapSuite Product Center and you can see there is an eval for WinForms. I’m really perplexed as my applications do not use WinForms, they are WPF. How can I uninstall this eval of WinForms?

Also, this only happens in Visual Studio in Debug Mode. When the exe is started the 22 days left does not appear.

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

That’s very strange, please try this steps as below:

1. Deactivate your WPF edition, important.

2. Delete the Map Suite 10.0 in the two folders:
    C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\ThinkGeo
    C:\ProgramData\ThinkGeo

3. Activate your WPF again.

4. Upgrade your dlls and run again.

Please let us know whether that works.

Regards,

Ethan

Ethan,

I received additional help from Ben and successfully removed the eval version of V10 MapSuite WinForms.

The steps we followed are below. I did not need to update DLL’s. Just recompiled my applications.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

1. Start V10 MapSuite Product Center.

2. Deactivate V10 WpfDesktopEdition.
    a. Press the WpfDesktopEdition Tile
    b. The Deactivate Button is enabled
    c. Press the Deactivate Button

3. Stop V10 MapSuite Product Center.

4. Delete V10 MapSuite Licenses
    a. C:\ProgramData\ThinkGeo\Map Suite 10.0\MapSuiteDevelopment.lic
    b. C:\Users\dberr\AppData\Local\ThinkGeo\Map Suite 10.0\Product Center\ProductCenter.key
    c. C:\Users\dberr\AppData\Local\ThinkGeo\Map Suite 10.0\Product Center\MapSuiteDevelopment.lic

5. Start V10 MapSuite Product Center.
    a. Press the WpfDesktopEdition Tile
    b. The Activate Button is enabled
    c. Press the Activate Button

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your share, your steps should be helpful for the guys who met same problem.

Regards,

Ethan