ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Zoom, Pan and Refresh performance using OsmWorldMapKitLayer

We are using the latest OsmWorldMapKitLayer class library in our project (Thank you for creating this).  We are seeing performance issues when you are at certain zoom levels.  It appears in cases of Zoom-In, Zoom-Out, Panning and Refreshing of the map.

Is the OsmWorldMapKitLayer code in the class library optimized for the best performance possible?  I am only taking a guess that it may be related to the amount of detail shown at certain zoom levels.  For instance is you compare the same map with Google for instance, google shows less detail and slightly less detailed roads and such.

Also, We are looking to possibly enhance and change the OsmWorldMapKitLayer a bit.  It would be great if there were a forum area dedicated to this class library as there could be a lot of discussion around it especially for those who are using it for offline customer mapping.

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for your suggestion, I will let our manager knows that about whether we will create new forum area for OsmWorldMapKitLayer. 

The OsmWorldMapKitLayer code is optimized after we add SQLite support, you can see include the SQLite format it get many times update, but I think current version won’t be the stable one because the enhancement work is keeping forward. 

If you found any zoomlevel is not so well, you can adjust the render logic for it to get better performance. If you found any zoomlevel is too heavy, please feel free to let us know. Our developer can review it. 

Regards, 

Don