ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Guidelines to customize the popup tooltip window

I saw that you provided a sample on how to add a popup overlay. That's great, but I would like to customize the tootip window, like changing where it docks on the point, adding a close button, or even maybe changing it's shape.

I guess that many users would like to customize that, so it would be nice to have a sample about it in the code community.

Thanks a lot.

Gustavo,

It's quite a good idea to have a guild line to customize the popup; but currently we have higher priority task to work on; so we cannot spend much time on it. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Popup is actually a pure WPF control which can be re-style by rewriting its template. Here I attached the template of the popup; what you need to do is customize your own template. The attached template is simple, you can inherit from our Popop control to make more complicated popup control. 

For example the second attached file adds a button on the upper right corner and the arrow is restyled. If you think it's too complicate; you can post your requirement here, we will consider your suggestion carefully and choose to add to the next public release. If you requirement is urgent, please contact support@thinkgeo.com about this.

Thanks and let us know if you have more queries,

Howard

Default_popup_template.txt (1.01 KB)
Modified_popup_template.txt (1.51 KB)

Howard,

Your new template provided a great starting point to seeing how customizable the popups can be.  However, I am a bit confused how you would use the button within the controltemplate.  Do you have an example of how you would add an eventhandler to the button click event?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Thomas, 

Here is what you need to do to accomplish that: 

1. Inherit from Popup to make your own CustomizedPopup class;

3. Target the template Howard posted to CustomizedPopup;

5. Give the button in template a name(for example: PART_DemoButton);

7. Add event handler for the button in CustomizedPopup.OnApplyTemplate method;

You can refer to the sample project attached with this post for detail.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Tsui

post7856.zip (9.09 KB)

Old post, I know.  

But,  I am trying to style a popup to show attributes of the shapefile when I click on the map. 

The example project in the previous message, works just fine.   But I want to do the same thing in VB rather than in C# and that is where I am running into problems.  In the CustomizedPopupTemplate.xaml,   then line  

<Style TargetType="{x:Type local:CustomPopup}">

Gives me the error;  Cannot find the type 'local:CustomizedPopup’

Any assistance would be great,

Thanks!

Shayne
<style TargetType="{x:Type local:CustomizedPopup}">

Gives me the error Cannot find the type ‘local:CustomizedPopup’ 

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks! 

Shayne.
</style>

Hi Shayne,

Attached is a VB.net sample for that,  I think you just need modify the implement code because I directly convert it from C# code online.

Any question please let us know.

Regards,

Don

Post7856VB.zip (10.9 KB)