ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

License on a web application service

In order to license thinkgeo on a web application, you need to run the ThinkGeo.MapSuite.ProductCenter.exe on the server running your application, and choose to ‘set up as a production server’ in the Map Suite Web for MVC section.

How do we enable this license on a server that is running our application as a service? We can’t run any exe files on an Azure or AWS service for example. Is there an alternative?

Hi Thomas,

You have to active the license via our ProductCenter.exe. If you don’t have security to run it, I think maybe you can ask the administrator user to help on it.

Regards,

Ethan

This isn’t a host machine, or a VM. This is an AWS or Azure service. I have administrator permissions, but you can’t run a GUI exe on services like that, unless you have a method i don’t know about.

Hi Thomas,

It looks you choose the different type of cloud service, we used the EC2 in AWS, which can connect via remote desktop and run the exe file.

I double check with our developer and it looks we don’t have other solution for it now.

I will let our development manager know this requirement, I think maybe our product center will support some other mode for example console in future.

Regards,

Ethan

Hello there. I’m just checking in to see if there’s any movement on this issue? Or should i make a trouble ticket for this to make it a more official request/need?

Hi Thomas,

The active by ProductCenter.exe console will be release in the coming release 11, our original plan is release that in June.

Regards,

Ethan