ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

OSM maps not displaying

Hi,

I have the same problem on Android on OpenStreetMapLayer class.
I try to use the SendingWebRequest solution but it is never called …

What is the solution on Android ?

Hi Judicael,

I just tested the Android map like this:

OpenStreetMapOverlay osm = new OpenStreetMapOverlay();
    androidMap.Overlays.Add(osm);

It looks the map render correct and it don’t need to set user agent manual.

The package version is MapSuiteMobileForAndroid-BareBone 10.6.2.

If you still met this issue, any code can reproduce it is helpful.

Regards,

Ethan

With regards to the speed issue – even after upgrading to latest version and adding the maxextent code I was still seeing problems until I deleted the old images from the cache directory. Once the old images were gone I no longer see any speed issues.

Hi Judicael,

Thanks for your feedback, I am glad to hear that’s helpful.

Any question please let us know.

Regards,

Rex

Hi,

I specificaly ask about the OpenStreetMapLayer class, not the OpenStreetMapOverlay.

I have to use OpenStreetMapLayer (and MapSuite beta11) because OpenStreetMapOverlay is not able to keep the tile rendered at very high zoom level.

It works well at normal zoom level with OpenStreetMapOverlay but when I zoom a lot I switch to OpenStreetMapLayer (to see the OSM background pixelized and not a grey tile). In that case I got error 429 and the SendingWebRequest event doesn’t seems to be fired.

Any news about this issue ?

Hi Judicael,

Android is a little special, our developer is working on enhance the API of OpenStreetMapLayer in Android for solve it, I will update the post when it’s available.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Judicael,

Please upgrade your package to https://www.nuget.org/packages/ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Layers.OpenStreetMap/11.0.0-beta022 and then you can set the user agent like this:

OpenStreetMapLayer layer = new OpenStreetMapLayer(“It’s a sample”);

I hope that’s helpful.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for the quick fix, it works great !

But our clients have encountered another problem : error 404 on certain OSM tiles when you zoom a lot. It happens mainly on green area such as forest. Clients said that it was not the case before. Can you investigate ?

Thanks

1581520692910|230x500

Hi Judicael,

404 error means the request link is not accepted by remote server, from logic it shouldn’t there because our request url follow OSM standard.

I tried in our sample today but hadn’t reproduce it, if you found that’s always appear in your project, could you please try to log your map extent to see whether it can be reproduced in the same area? If so please build a sample based on this area and upload it, we can look into it and try to solve it.

If we met the same exception when using OSM layer we will also look into it.

Regards,

Ethan