I have not come across time in route optimization, yet. I am wondering if there is possibility to make route optimization if any stop/marker should be done at specific time.
For example. We have 100 stop that we have to optimize, what if 1 should occur at 2 pm, other should happen at 10 am etc…
is there possibility this to me implemented/developed, if not to have any suggestion?
I want to double check whether I understand your requirement, do you means you want to make the routing get different results decided by the parameter like special time or any other parameter?
If that’s what you need, I think you don’t want to control that in routing. You should want to handle the stop collection before pass it into routing engine. For example, you can save the condition “available at 2 PM” for the point x into the feature’s column value, when the system time at 2 PM, you need to add back the point x to your stop list, then calculate the routing again.
Wish that’s helpful.
Let me explain again, because what you suggested is not clear to me.
For example, I am using Djikstra algorithm with 10 stops on different locations, but they are not ordered the way they should be visited. What I want to achieve here is to get the best route, but if Stop 8(or any other) should be done/visited at 2:00 AM, I want still to have the best route but also, want that stop to be done at 2:AM. Makes sense?
With what you suggested, I can not understand how am I going to get the best route(shortest and fastest)?
Thanks for your detail description, I misunderstand the requirement before, because we hadn’t met the scenario like you mentioned.
In our routing we don’t have existing APIs for it, but you can implement that by our product. After quickly research, it looks this should be a professional service task, please contact your sales for detail about that.
If you want to implement that yourself, as below is some thinking.
1. Calculate time for each segment by length and speed limit on it.
2. From your start time and the time in “Stop 8”, we can know the target travel time before we arrive “Stop 8”.
3. Create an algorithm to get all possible routing which takes time less than the target travel time when it arrive “Stop 8”.
4. Optimize the result and get the routing you want.
Wish that’s helpful.
Thank you for the suggestion.
About the first sentence 1. Calculate time for each segment by length and speed limit on it.
I have three questions:
1. This means you don’t have function that calculates how much it takes to navigate from one point to other?
2. Assuming that you don’t, I will create one with the length and speed limit, but where I can find the speed limit and how ?
3. Is it good appropriation to calculate the time like that, what about the traffic conditions, no left-turns, no-right turns, freeway on-ramps, pay tools… etc… ?
Thanks in advance,