ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

V12.1 - Zoom In/Out Results in Flash

Hi Dennis,
The Grass ARGB value remains the same. You can still use the named color like this:
GeoColor grassColor = new GeoColor(255, GeoColors.Grass); which is basically take the named Grass color, and change the alpha value to 255.
A few of named colors having transparency, like Grass,Swamp and Tundra, but most of them are solid.

We are working on the flash issue and will keep you updated.
Thanks,
Jack

Thanks Jack.

Changed to new GeoColor(255, GeoColors.Grass) which results in smooth zooming.

I’ll wait for your other changes.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,
We’ve implemented enhancements on overlay refresh, primarily on the timing of clearing stretch image, which was the root cause of map “flash” when zoom in/out.
The change should improve how it behaviors in your production application as well, would you please give a try with newest v13-beta version and let us know how it goes.
Thanks,
Jack

Jack,

I first tried with only about 10 layers configured and it seems to resolve the flash.

However, I then configured with all 90+ layers and the flash is still there. It’s odd because sometimes it flashes and some times it does not. Sometimes after panning it won’t flash, but then starts up again and flashes.

There was another bug introduced in this release. If a Center is issued the map does not move that the new extent. However, as soon as a pan operation begins the map immediately moves to the former center map extent. Panning works fine.

I want to review all this and I will provide you with video examples.

Dennis

Jack,

I’ve sent an email to support@thinkgeo.com with a DropBox link to a few videos that show the issues I mentioned in my previous post.

Dennis

Jack,

I’ve been looking at the actions of the map after my prior post. What I may be noticing is that the flash may now only be occurring if either the WmsRasterLayer or MrSidRasterLayer is visible. By a user feature within the application I can set any layer IsVisible to True or False. If I set a raster layer to true the flash occurs. If I set a raster layer to false the flash does not occur.

Before your last changes the flash was always occurring whether a raster layer was visible or not.

Dennis

Jack,

Was doing more testing this morning and I’m still seeing the flash at ZoomLevel 19 & 20, but it is intermittent. And sometimes it occurs on a ZoomIn, but not on ZoomOut.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,
Thanks for the follow up information, we are looking into this and will keep you updated.
Thanks,
Jack