ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Android HelloWorld example not compiling

Please pardon my very basic problem; I recently downloaded MapSuite 9.0, and I am trying to get the Android HelloWorld example working.

At the start, the AndroidEdition and MapSuitePortableCore references were broken, and I hooked them up to the dlls found in the MapSuite Android “Current Version” folder. Now I am getting the warning:
"The predefined type ‘System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal’ is defined in multiple assemblies in the global alias; using definition from ‘c:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v1.0\mscorlib.dll’

And the error:
Exception while loading assemblies: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly ‘PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’. Perhaps it doesn’t exist in the Mono for Android profile?

PresentationFramework is part of the .NET Core, so I’m assuming that something in MapSuite is unable to find the right version? I have 4.0, 4.5, and 4.51 installed.

Hi @Phil_Scovis,

From your description, it looks maybe your project is not from our ProductCenter, please make sure download the samples from our Product Center(http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/ThinkGeo_Product_Center).

You can also download the Android edition from it, our samples default point to the latest dll in “Current Version” folder, and you don’t need hook them up manually.

Please let us know whether that’s helpful.

Regards,

Don

I am able to compile and run the other code samples provided form the product center. I will learn from those. Thanks!

Hi,

I am glad to hear the HowDoISample is helpful.

Any question please let us know.

Regards,

Don