ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

GeoTiff problem - Setup Unmanaged Dependencies

Continuing the discussion from GeoTIFF will crash System:

Don

I believe I have encountered the same problem with the GeoTiff dependencies. However the link about will not work for me. Where do I locate the Setup Unmanaged Dependencies to download them? Thanks

Rich

Don

Can you describe tome a little bit about changes that might have occurred to the FDOExtensions since MapSuite 8.0? We had the GEOTIFF extension configured and working with MapSuite Desktop Winforms v8.0.0.xxx. We are now trying to use the merge modules included in the MapSuite Product Center Shared Developer Reference (dated 6/22/2015). We install them to the Windows\System32\MapSuite 9.0 and Windows\SYSWOW64\MapSuite 9.0 folders but the GEOTIFF files are causing our application to crash. Our application is built using MapSuite Desktop Winforms 4.0.495.0 which was built around 11/4/2016. Is there a problem in the merge modules or should we have an updated version?

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Rich Styre

Hi Rich,

Please download the latest 9.0.569.0 version here: https://ap.thinkgeo.com:5001/sharing/inKbGABFD

And it looks you are try to load GeoTiff file but you are using FDOExtension merge module, we should have a special GEOTIFF merge module, but it should be render by the class GeoTiffRasterLayer, so we want to make sure which class you are using for render the GeoTiff file.

Regards,

Don

Thanks for the response.

I haven’t been able to download from this link. It starts a download on my computer and says it will take somewhere between 3 and 10 hours. It downloads for about 10-20 minutes and then says the download was interrupted. I click to “Resume” the downloads and it almost immediately returns with "download completed but the file in my download is always 9 KB and when I click on it all I get is that the file is invalid.

To answer your questions, we are using the GdiPlusRasterLayer to display the GeoTiff files. When we did have this working back with MapSuite 8.0.0.0, we could not get the GeoTiffRasterLayer to work with our GeoTiff files but we found that it would work with GdiPlusRasterLayer, We also are using the StreamLoading on the file with the event argument of GeoTiff_StreamLoading. I have tried to change our code to use GeoTiffRasterLayer and without the StreamLoading but it fails with the same type of crash. Also we do not just use the GEOTIFF merge modules, but we are trying to install all 16 of the ThinkGeo merge modules included with the ThinkGeo MapSuite 9.0 Product Center in the Shared Developer Reference Merge Modules. They are installing into c:\windows\system32\Map Suite 9.0 and c:\windows\SYSWOW64\Map Suite 9.0. However I think that the MapSuite Desktop code is not finding some element that it needs to find or there is just a bug in the dependencies somewhere. I seem to recall that there were one or two of the merge modules that needed to be given a specific TargetDIR in Installshield with 8.0.0.0. I am trying to track down which of the merge modules required this and so far have not been able to find them. Do you know if any of the merge modules need to be given a specific Target directory? Can you tell me which of the merge modules are specific to displaying the GeoTiff files? You seemed to question the use of the FDOExtension merge modules. I am guessing that this would be the MapSuiteFdoExtension.msm. This merge modules does seem to be the exception. While all the other merge modules seem to install to C:\windows\system32\Map Suite 9.0 , this merge modules seemed to install to C:\windows\system32\MapSuiteFdoExtensionx64 and C:\windows\system32\MapSuiteFdoExtensionx86. All particularly confusing. Is there any place that any of this is documented and explained?

Thanks again

Richard Styer

Hi Richard,

Sorry it looks support team don’t have other way to build the download link now. If you still cannot download that, could you please try to use VPN or maybe you can contact your sales to make sure whether there is other way to get the file.

And thanks for your description, but I still have a little confused, it looks that you are using our 9.0 dlls but you mentioned the GeoTiffRasterLayer cannot render your shape file when you back to 8.0, so what’s the version you are using now?

For your question, as below is the reply from our developer:
The mapping locations of mapsuite merge modules can be described as follow:

MapSuiteCad.msm -> System32/Syswow64\Map Suite 9.0
MapSuiteEcw.msm -> System32/Syswow64\Map Suite 9.0
MapSuiteFileGeoDatabase.msm -> System32/Syswow64\Map Suite 9.0
MapSuiteGeoRasterProjection.msm -> System32/Syswow64\Map Suite 9.0
MapSuiteGeoTiff.msm -> System32/Syswow64\Map Suite 9.0
MapSuiteMrSid.msm -> System32/Syswow64\Map Suite 9.0
MapSuitePrjHelper.msm -> System32/Syswow64\Map Suite 9.0
MapSuiteProj4.msm -> System32/Syswow64\Map Suite 9.0
MapSuiteS57.msm -> System32/Syswow64\Map Suite 9.0
MapSuiteFdoExtension.msm -> System32/Syswow64
Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x64.msm -> System32
Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x86.msm -> Syswow64
Microsoft_VC100_DebugCRT_x64.msm -> System32
Microsoft_VC100_DebugCRT_x86.msm -> Syswow64
MicrosoftSqlServerSpatialX64.msm -> System32
MicrosoftSqlServerSpatialX86.msm -> Syswow64\

Thanks,

Don

Thanks once again. One of my manager was able to download from that link using his cell phone. Apparently, our firewall will not allow downloads through the ports you had the download set up on.

I have installed the Setup Unmanaged Dependencies msi and our application works to display the GeoTiff files. Oddly, the msi appears to have installed all the unmanaged dependencies only to the SYSWOW64. Our application is only a 64-bit application so I don’t understand how it is working using SYSWOW64 with nothing in System32. I have noted that the files in SYSWOW64 are newer than the merge modules that I have from the 9.0.0.0 Product Center. These files are dated 1/12/2017 while the 9.0.0.0 files were 6/22/2015. I am guessing the newer versions are why it is working now but did not work with the older files. However, I can’t seem to locate the newer merge modules to go along with this new version Setup Unmanaged Dependencies 9.0.295.0 msi. I am going to try including the files directly into our installer but it would be easier to use the merge modules. Are the merge modules out on NuGet or GitHub? I saw on the blog that the 10.0.0.0 product would be distributed that way.

As far as the confusion goes, we have never succeeded in using GeoTiffRasterLayer with our GeoTiff files with either 8,0 or 9.0. We were successful using GdiPlusRasterLayer to open and view our GeoTiff files (when I say our files I really means GeoTiff files downloaded from the FAA website) using MapSuite 8.0 merge modules. That was the latest version we had working as we have just upgraded our application to 9.0.495.0 which apparently was past the point the 9.0.0.0 merge modules would still work.

Hi Richard,

Yes our 10.0 will use the new distribution way like Nuget, but for older 9.0 we just follow the old way.

If you can include the dlls in your installer that should be good, because I think these weeks our release manager is too busy on the new distribution to work on update the merge module. But if you really met problem and require the new merge module please let us know, I can ask them to get a newer version.

Don’t worry about choose GeoTiffRasterLayer or GdiPlusRasterLayer, I asked about it before is want to make sure which dll you are using, the one which work for you is the good solution.

Regards,

Don

Don

Thanks again for all your help.

I have embedded all the files from the merge modules (335 files) into our main Installshield installer for now and it seems to be working. We will probably have to go with this as our release date is the end of the month.

Out of curiosity, do you have any guesses on when we might see 10.0.0?

Richard Styer

Hi Richard,

I am glad to hear that you solved that.

Sorry I don’t know when the 10.0 can get released, but most of our engineers are focus on that, because it’s a really big changes both in organization and distribution.

Regards,

Don