ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Google Street View demo not working

I am attempting to use the demo at http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/source_code_codecommunity_streetviewandtrafficinfo.zip and incorporate the street view concept into an existing web application. I am having difficulty getting the demo to work, and thought it might be similar to the issue in Value cannot be null. The little man shows up on the map, but the street view doesn’t show up in the corner. I believe I am using the web edition v9. Any assistance is appreciated.

Hi Michael,

I downloaded the sample and comment out the line in “sample.aspx”, and it works well.

Attached is the screenshot, the left is showing with the traffic info and the right is normal.

NOTE: please hide the street view first!

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,

I tried commenting out the lines as you suggested, but I am still not seeing the street view in the corner. I think maybe I wasn’t clear in my initial post, I am able to get the traffic to work using the workaround in the topic Value cannot be null, but neither that workaround nor your suggestion makes the street view pop up in the corner.

This is what I am seeing:

but what I need is:

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the misunderstood before. The sample works well on my side. Following is the screenshot on my side.

I guess it may be caused by the Internet. Please view google’s sample: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/streetview-simple to see if the street view is OK. If not, I think there is something wrong with the Internet.

Thanks,
Peter

After seeing that it works in your build of the sample, I double checked my dlls and it turns out that I was referencing the v8.0.0.105 WebEdition.dll not v9 as I thought. I specifically downloaded the latest production dlls and thought I made sure the project referenced them, but apparently that wasn’t the case. Everything works appropriately now. Thank you for your assistance.

My pleasure.

Thanks,
Peter