ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

How to display custom tile layer

I have to draw custom Tile layer on android; let’s say, the ThinkGeo url is:

maps.agtrix.net/tile?Org=DEMO&scope=Bases&filter=2eeaec09-79cf-4c97-a66f-f70f5e122f2e&Layer=Speed&Period=STD&QuadKey=

An example of a tile:

maps.agtrix.net/tile?Org=DEMO&scope=Bases&filter=2eeaec09-79cf-4c97-a66f-f70f5e122f2e&Layer=Speed&Period=STD&QuadKey=3112132100000023022

where Quadkey is the tile reference that ThinkGeo should generate.

Can you guide me how to do this on android?

Hi Zeeshan, 

I think you should want to implement your WMS layer, I asked the Android developer, it looks you can just implement that just like other product. 

So the sending request event should be helpful. 

If I misunderstand you please let me know and please let us know your more detail information. 

Regards, 

Don

The URL could also be in a Google zxy format … we just need to know how to add this tile source as an overlay?

Hi Zeeshan, 

Have you implemented that in desktop version? It looks it’s not only an Android requirement, for most of our API, if you can implement that in desktop version, it can be works for Android version.  

So we still have a little confused about your question, could you please let us know more detail about it? 

Regards, 

Don

Can you point us at the sample for Creating a TMS overlay in Desktop, we will try it there first as advised.

Hi Patrick, 

Do you mean WMTS? If so please visit our online sample: wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_wpf_desktop_edition_all_samples#wmts_overlay 

If I misunderstand you please let us know. 

Regards, 

Don

Hi, 

We haven’t used this layer in WPF, we have used it in Openlayers. See our sample @ mapserver.agtrix.net/openlayersdemo/  

If you look at " Harvest speed week 45" 

var harvestspeedweekly = new OpenLayers.Layer.TMS(" Harvest speed week 45", “maps.agtrix.net/tile?type=Harvester&scope=Vehicles&filter=da1fa2eb-ed76-431f-af39-815afac355b3&Layer=Speed&Period=w201545&QuadKey=”, { 
  type: “png” , 
  ‘getURL’:getURL 
   ,isBaseLayer: false 
  , visibility: false 
  ,transparent: “true” 
  }); 

an example of the resultant tile requests generate in the web page would be : maps.agtrix.net/tile?type=Harvester&scope=Bases&filter=2eeaec09-79cf-4c97-a66f-f70f5e122f2e&Layer=Speed&Period=STD&QuadKey=3112132100000023.png  

Are there any samples of accessing a TMS via Android/iOS? 

Do I need to logde a support ticket to get help on this? 

Patrick

Hi Patrick, 

I just know we have a sample for WMS, it’s HowDoISamples=>Overlays and Layers=>Use WMS Overlay, but we don’t have a sample for WMTS. 

If you are using Android version, why you are visit the page by JavaScript library? 

Regards, 

Don

Hi Don, 

We’re looking for an example of how to do it on Android, we’ve tried the samples, they don’t appear to work on Android. 

Only supplied the Openlayer javascript version to help communicated the TMS requirement. 

Will log a support ticket. 

Patrick

Hi Patrick, 

The Android support response come from our Android development team, so I think they means the sample for WMS should works for Android. 

And I think we don’t have further information about JavaScript on Android for now, so maybe you need more research on that. 

Regards, 

Don