ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

KML file loading problem

Hi,

I am trying to load one kml file. Its giving .idx file not found error. Here with this I have attached my .cs and .kml file. I have tried to upload kml file but its giving error. So for reference of content I have uploaded .txt file of it. Please go through it.

Thanks,

Goral

doc.txt (7.67 KB)
frmKML.cs (5.46 KB)

Hi Goral, 

You can avoid that by this: 

KmlFeatureSource.BuildIndexFile(Application.StartupPath + @"\Data\doc.kml", BuildIndexMode.DoNotRebuild); 

I tried your code but hadn’t see anything on map, it looks the KML bouding box is {-0.000992417335510254,0.000708103179931641,0.000992417335510254,-0.000708103179931641}, it’s a very small area.  

And I hadn’t found any shape included in the KML, does that’s a standard format KML file? 

Regards, 

Don

Hi,

That kml file contains links, screenoverlay, ground overlay etc. I don’t know kmllayer is the right way to load it or not. Please suggest how to load kml file which has network link, screenoverlays, groundoverlay.

Thanks,

Goral

Hi Goral, 

I am sorry I think we only support the KML which contains shapes description, your type shouldn’t get supported, I have double check that from our developers. 

So if you want to implement that, that should be a professional service and you need to contact your sales for it. 

Regards, 

Don

Hi,

Thanks for information. As per our organization requirement I will get back to thinkgeo,.

Thanks,

Goral

Ok,Anything please let us know. Also I don’t suggest include the featue as a link in KML, it should slow down the performance a lot. 

Thanks, 
 Johnny

Hi,

Actually from our data source we are getting kml file which has networklink. Because they are updating data in small time duration. Using networklink its getting automatic refreshed. If we ask for kml file with shapes our data display is delayed because we have to download in small time duration. That’s why we want to overlay kml file with networklink. If any way is available please suggest.

Thanks,

Goral

Hi Goral, 

I am sorry but it looks we cannot get a update for support networklink in KML the near future.  

I think if your data provide will update everything in a small time duration, for a workaround you can write a service to get the update automatic and convert that to the shape contained version. So your application can directly use the newest data. 

Regards, 

Don

Hi Don,
I want to latest update for support networklink in KML file.

Here I am attaching a sample kml file(Network Link). Can you please try this and possible to load in Desktop edition or not.

get_image_kml.zip (649 Bytes)

Thanks,
Riyaz

Hi Riyaz,

We only support KML feature layer, support KML raster layer is in our plan, but we hadn’t start that, the networklink is included in KML raster layer, so I think it still hadn’t been supported.

If we have any news about it, we will let you know.

Regards,

Don