ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

KML with .png images scaling issue

Hello,

I am testing out a KML file that includes some .png images. The lines described in the data are showing up correctly, but the png files, witch are the day/time labels, are wildly off. If I open the KML file in Google Earth, they scale correctly. How can I get them doing the same?

AL112017_earliest_reasonable_toa_34.zip (15.0 KB)

Thanks,
Dib

Hi Dib,

I think for image our KML class cannot support so well, because it focus on support the shapes.

But the first problem is we cannot parse the KMZ file, if you can make it works could you please upload a simple sample or paste your code here?

Regards,

Ethan

The KMZ is like a zipped KML file. Open the file with something like 7-Zip. The KML file and the folder with the .PNG files are inside it. The ‘labels’ folder needs to be in the same directory as the KML file.

Looking at the text of the KML file, for the .PNG images, there are two properties, scale and heading, that should size and place the images properly. It looks like the ThinkGeo layers are not interacting with those properties.

Hi Dib,

It looks our map render the image labels but it don’t render correct, I will let our developer know it and see whether they can work for it.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Dib,

I asked our developer about the status, and the update is it’s a complex task, we maybe cannot enhancement it to support the image well just like GoogleEarth in near future.

Regards,

Ethan