ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Need help with fdo extension to load a .dgn file

Hi,

I just want to display a .dgn file on my map, this format is supposed to be supported, but I don’t know where to start.

I have installed the fdoextension using the merge module (8.0.0.150)

my code is very simple so far:

OgrFeatureLayer msl = new OgrFeatureLayer(al.FileNameSource, “”);
msl.Open();
RectangleShape r = msl.GetBoundingBox();
msl.Close();

this raises the exception “connect failed”

à OSGeo.FDO.Connections.IConnectionImp.Open()
   à MapSuiteFdoExtension.GeoFdoFeatureSource.Open(String providerName, String connectionString, String idColumnName, String featureSchemaName, String featureClassName, String geometryColumnName)

Can you help me ?

Best,

Patrick.

Hi Patrick, 

I have asked our developer about this, it looks we don’t support DGN file for now, and we haven’t tested to load this file format. 

I think maybe you can try to load that by CADFeatureLayer. 

You should need some files when test: 

wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/File:MapSuiteCadX862014-07-28.zip

wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/File:MapSuiteCadX642014-07-28.zip

And if possible, could you please send us a sample of DGN file, maybe we can take test whether we can render it correct. 

Regards, 

Don

Don, 

you clearly state that this format is supported here: thinkgeo.com/forums/MapSuite/tabid/143/aft/6203/Default.aspx
 it does not work with cadfeaturelayer too. 

you can find a sample file here: dropbox.com/s/f0vcyqkfn8hix9p/3701B152.dgn?dl=0 

keep me posted, 
 Patrick.

Hi Patrick, 

It looks the website is created on 2009/08/26, but for now our code don’t support directly render the DGN file. 

Thanks for your data, I will let our developer look into the code to make sure whether we can support that. 

Any update we will let you know. 

Regards, 

Don

Hi Patrick, 

Sorry for the confusion there, I did a double-check today but seems like it’s not supported by Map Suite, I do a confirm with development team as well, I guess I need to say sorry for it. We will remove this format support from the website later. 

Thanks, 
 Johnny