ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Projecting tiff/ecw layers

My map unit is in meters. Most of my data is in wsg 84 (epsg string 4326) which I’m reprojecting to 3857. Shapefiles, .mdb files, and inmemoryfeaturelayers work fine. However, when adding tif and ecw files, trying to project them throws an error. If I don’t project them, then they only show up on the map if the map unit is in decimal degrees. How can I get these to show up correctly using meters as the map unit?

The following link contains a .zip containing the tif and ecw files in question. Both of them are of the same location.

Hi Dan,

Please try the sample, it works well, you just need put your data into the AppData folder.

9279.zip (11.9 KB)

Regards,

Ethan

Thanks. Do you have any way to open pairs of kml/tif files like google earth does? In the link below, you can get a .kml and .tif file. In google earth, the kml is read in first, which contains the name of the tif file and a LatLonBox and rotation fields. It then loads the tif on the map in the correct place. Does ThinkGeo do this automatically or do I have to manually parse the kml??

Thanks!

Hi Dan,

Our KML class cannot parse this node, I think you need to write custom code to parse it.

Regards,

Ethan