ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Python interpreter built in Map Suite

We’re planning to develop a simple GIS application. I see you already have a python interpreter built in, is there an example where we can call a specific python program from C# ?

– Deril

I don’t think it’s integrated into the SDK. We are able to parse a Python Script in GIS Editor, is that you’ve seen? What exactly are you looking for there? can you give me a concrete scenario?

We’re building a very simple application, sort of like GIS Editor but much more simple. But the catch is, after we load and edit the data we would like to use it as input for a python script we created, and we would like to do this seamlessly (minimal interaction with the user). Is there any facility of doing this from the thinkgeo library so we dont have to use and configure other sources (like IronPython, Python .Net, etc.) ?

Hi Deril,

We don’t have Python SDK. We will have new Gis Server products in the future, it is in development phase now. After released this product, you can easy to use Python to access the server map data.

You can refer more information on http://new.thinkgeo.com/gis-servers.html.

If you need any more information, please let us know that.

Thanks
Mark

Deril,

We are using IronPython.dll in GIS Editor as the Python interpreter. Sorry there’s no python interpreter integrated in ThinkGeo SDK.

Thanks,

Ben