ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Use multiple cores for rendering

I am wondering if there are any best practices for maximizing the computer resources to help the rendering speed? We have clients using 4k monitors and the load time is painfully slow for them. It would also seem they are only taking advantage of 1 core at a time as they are at 12.5% cpu usage for the map process. I assume there is a setting that I am missing that would allow multiple cores to be used? We do a lot of edits to layers so I am not confident caching alone would fix their rendering speeds.

Hi Jake,

The WPF support multi-thread by default when multiply tiles, and we don’t have the setting for multiple cores.

If you met the performance issue you can view this page for reference: http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_performance_guide

And we have some suggestions for you:

1. Please group the layers you will won’t get edit, put them in separate overlays and open cache for these overlays, the other layers can keep get edit.

2. You can simplify your data for each zoomlevel, render important features in higher level, and render detail features in deeper level.

The solution thinking is by reduce the render feature numbers to improve the performance.

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Ethan