ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

WMS SendRequest Doesn't Fire

Hi,

I’ve been running some typical global WMS services in different projected systems for my map. See example project from my WMS topic and change the EPSG variable to any standard WGS84 UTM zone.

What I am finding is that there are some projection systems where the location seems to prohibit a SendWebRequest from firing and hence the map never displays any data. It’s hard to say what’s going on, but if you zoom out and pan far enough, you may eventually get a web request to fire. Some locations fire up great, others not at all. Try EPSG:32723 around the Rio De Jeniero area.

I’ve been observing this behavior for some time and originally thought it to be with the server, but now I see Mapsuite is not sending any requests.

Here’s a global link I’ve been using that fires up in other mapping software.

https://www.gebco.net/data_and_products/gebco_web_services/web_map_service/mapserv?

Regards,
Damian

Hi Damian,

It looks your wms server only support 3 projections:

<SRS>EPSG:4326</SRS>
<SRS>EPSG:3395</SRS>
<SRS>EPSG:3857</SRS>

So the 32723 shouldn’t be supported.

It looks the wms works well.

As below is my test sample, you can modify it to reproduce your problem.

9164.zip (102.5 KB)

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

My map is in EPSG 32723.

If the service is only available in 4326, then I set the ImageSource.Projection as follows to reproject on the fly.

wms.ImageSource.Projection = new Proj4Projection(4326, 32723);

And, set the CRS as you have.

wms.Crs = "EPSG:4326";

This wasn’t the issue though as I had originally thought. The issue is that for several years I got used to needing to add VERSION=1.1.1 to the end of the URL because version 9 of Mapsuite only ever supported this version of WMS.

Can you please try the test on your end for version 9 by using the above URL and see if there is something we can do to get around the problem? Basically, I am still stuck with version 9 until I can sort this other nuget issue out, so I would really like to be able to supply the VERSION=1.1.1 to comply with version 9 requirements and still be able to properly reproject the WMS layer. Note that if you add the VERSION=1.1.1 to the end of the URL and are using version 10 Mapsuite Stable Release that the problem also occurs. It seems to be fixed in the beta release for the unmanaged proj4 projection library.

Regards,
Damian

Hi Damian,

Just like you mentioned, for projection 32723 it only works for latest V10 beta version.

In fact it’s not related with 1.1.1 or other version, it should related with reprojection like you mentioned.

And we don’t have workaround for it because we had stopped to apply change to V9.

Could you please let us know which NuGet issue stop you upgrade the version? If anything works in V9 but not in V10 please let us know, our developer will look into it and solve it.

Regards,

Ethan