ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Zoom/Pan really slow - Exception being thrown

I noticed my map is extremely slow with only a single shape file loaded. When looking at the debug output, I noticed that a lot of system.ArgumentOutOfRangeExceptions are being thrown in ThinkGeo.Mapsuite.dll. Seemingly every time I zoom/pan. I’m guessing this is has to do with why it’s slow. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Hi Dan,

We need to know how you render the layer, what’s the version you are using and view the shape file to see whether it contains special format, so could you please build a simple sample with your data, so our developer can look into it?

For V10 you can follow this guide to build a sample quickly:http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_project_template_guide

Please make sure all packages had been updated to the latest.

Regards,

Ethan

Below is the link for a sample project + the sample shape file. Please change line 44 in Models/MapModel.cs to the correct file path of wherever you place the shape file.

I made sure I updated everything to the current build, still the same problem though.

Please go to dropbox link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aumr3sAYPp0bjBezR5688K5FtP64

File is too big to upload here.

Did you get the upload?

Hi Dan,

Sorry we cannot reproduce your problem, the project with your data works so well in my machine.

We hadn’t noticed the slow when pan&zoom, and without any exception found in output window.

I found in fact you hadn’t upgraded all packages to the latest, so I just remove all the packages and reinstall them again.

Please try the sample which I tested and see whether it have different result in your machine, you don’t need to modify anything just wait it restore the packages from NuGet.

8948.zip (199.4 KB)

If the sample still be so slow, that’s should be an environment issue.

Regards,

Ethan

Yup still slow on my machine. I think it is the environment. Thanks for testing it on your end!

Hi Dan,

If there is any more issue, please feel free to let us know that.

Thanks
Mark