ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

~50,000 points slow to refresh

I have an InMemoryFeatureLayer with about ~50,000 point features and it is EXTREMELY slow. I’m talking 2+ minutes for panning/zooming/refreshing when all the points are in view. Is there a way to speed things up drastically?

I’m already doing a BuildIndex() on the layer after all the features are added.

Hi Dan,

I think maybe your code contains other logic, here is a simple sample, it build 50000 random points and the speed still fast.

Could you please modify it to show your problem?

9631.zip (10.4 KB)

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan, I see the problem now. When I add a label to each feature with the overlaprule set to AllowOverlapping, it takes a long time. Not sure what to do about that, because users want every label shown all the time to get an idea of how many features are in a certain area. A better way would probably be using a ClusterPointStyle or something similar.

Hi Dan,

If you set LabelOverlappingRule.AllowOverlapping, it need draw more than 50000 labels on map, it contains so many points for each label, and map even need to draw multiply times in same pixel, at the end the map will be drawn covered by one color and you cannot see anything. So this requirement should be impractical, you should want to choose ClusterPointStyle or just set it equal LabelOverlappingRule.NoOverlapping.

Regards,

Ethan