ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Ability to reproject Wmts layer

Hi,

We are considering using the WmtsLayer in our future development. I noticed you cannot reproject WmtsLayer at this time. Will it be possible in some future version?

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

For WMTS generally you should want to generate tile images for different projection in server side, and mark that in capability xml, then client side can choose target projection.

Our development team discussed about it today, we will add this requirement in our pending list, in future we will research it and see whether it can be implemented in our product.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi,

I am also interested in this functionality because most freely available services are only in google maps projection which is seldom used for detailed mapping purposes.

I’ve also been looking into your Cloud Mapping service which also does not have reproject on the fly and best I can tell does not have any way to get capabilities or set other CRS if they were available.

Thanks,
Damian

Damian,
As Ben mentioned in the email. The wmts reproject sample is here.
https://gitlab.com/thinkgeo/public/thinkgeo-desktop-maps/-/tree/support/v10/samples/wpf/ReprojectWmtsSample

It also possible to add the reprojection feature to ThinkGeoCloudRasterMapsLayer. We are looking into more detail.

Thanks

Frank

Thanks Frank,

Glad we closed the loop on this one.

Regards,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
Let me close it.

Frank