ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Accuracy

I've been running tests recently on a list of street addresses I have which includes the latitudes and longitudes of where Google and Yahoo believes those addresses to be(to see if ThinkGeo is in the ball park).  While doing this I've been checking individual addresses manually using maps.thinkgeo.com and Google and Yahoo as well.  On one of the addresses I've come across, I noticed that ThinkGeo's returned zip code is different from Google and Yahoo.

The full address that I'm using is:

"1988 Gulf to Bay Blvd Clearwater FL"

maps.thinkgeo.com says the zipcode is 33755

Google and Yahoo both say the zipcode is 33765

I also noticed that ThinkGeo recently updated to 5.0 so I was wondering what is causing this.

--Edit--

While working with this address using the 4.5 geocoder data I've noticed having the street number in the string is detrimental.

Here's some sample code:

UsaGeocoder usaGeocoder = new UsaGeocoder(datapath, MatchMode.FuzzyMatch);
usaGeocoder.Open();
Collection<GeocoderMatch> matches = usaGeocoder.Match("1988 Gulf To Bay Blvd Clearwater FL 33765");
Collection<GeocoderMatch> matches1 = usaGeocoder.Match("Gulf To Bay Blvd Clearwater FL 33765");
Collection<GeocoderMatch> matches2 = usaGeocoder.Match("1988 Gulf To Bay Blvd Clearwater FL");
usaGeocoder.Close();

The collection in matches does not contain a good street match, and the other two do(one without the street number and one without the zipcode).  Is there something I'm missing to make the more complete address geocode properly?

Thanks in advance,

Rhunex

Rhunex,

I used the street addresses to test based on the 5.0 geocoder data and I found out the result is the expected result, here is my test result below:

On the maps.thinkgeo.com we still used the geocoder 4.5 data, so you can see the results are differents between them, there is a big change for the geocoder 5.0 data please contact ThinkGeo Support to get the new data to test again,

Thanks,

Scott,