ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Add custom control to map tools

Hi, I’m trying to add a custom control (a simple label in this case) to the map tools. What I’m trying to achieve is to show a label right below the built-in pan zoom map tool to show a custom zoom level text (e.g. 300%). I’ve seen others mentioned about modifying the pan zoom map tool or adding a new custom map tool to achieve this but I couldn’t find the actual sample code to do so.

Duy,
We do have some users customize the map tool bar for the web edition. Could you give us some mock up. We could understand what you want the result looks like. You know the zoom bar is not transparent. If you put the text under the zoom bar. The zoom bar may hide the text.

Thanks

Frank

Frank,

I think you are misunderstanding my question here. I didn’t mean to blend the text underneath the zoom control. I mean to show it below the bottom of the zoom slider. Another option that I can go with is adding a separate label at the bottom right corner of the map regardless where the zoom control is. If you can provide me sample code to achieve either of these options, that’d be great.

Thanks,
Duy

Duy,
Thanks for clarify. If that you don’t need add control to the map zoom bar. You could just add the label on the top of the map.

I attach you the sample code.

WpfAppCore.zip (3.7 KB)

Let me know if I still misunderstand this one.

Thanks

Frank

Thanks a lot. This solution works for me.

Good to know it works.

Thanks

Frank