ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Adding Bitmap image

Hi,

We are using Mapsuite silverlight edition 5.0

We are using Raster layers.

We want to convert image byte stream to bitmap and display it on map.

Please tell me, how I can achieve this.

Thanks

Sunil

Hello Sunil, 

Thanks for your post, sorry I’m not very clear your requirements. 

What’s your scenario now? Why do you want to display the bitmap to map control? If you want to display map with RasterLayer and save the map to a bitmap, you can do it separately. 

Thanks for your help. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hi Gary, 
 I am not trying to save map file as bitmap. I am display map normally with Raster layer and displaying various items using LayerOverlay and InMemoryFeature. Additionaly I want to display some images also on map. I am getting these images as byte stream and want to convert this byte stream to image and display it on map like we display any item using valuestyle. 

Thanks, 
 Sunil

Hello Sunil, 

Thanks for your further information, for show a bitmap on the map control, there is a sample you can find out in HowDoISamples—>Plot a Point Using Lat and Long. 

And you can use GeoImage image = new GeoImage(imageSteam) to convert byte stream to GeoImage. 

I hope this can help. 

Regards, 

Gary

a way of converting image c#  stream  to bitmap can be easy, you can find out in the tutorial and codes. then you can continue to display in the map as you want.

Hi ba, 

Thanks for sharing your idea here. Also welcome you to evaluate our products and give us more suggestions. 

Regards, 
 Johnny