ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

All the features that are in Web Edition are in SilverLight Edition?

Hello

I'm new with SilverLight I saw the demo but I Can't find some important features that I Can see in Web Edition Like GoogleEarth or VirtualEarth overlays, aceess to SQL Server and Oracle Geospatial data. We are starting some projects with the web Edition but I can see that the future of the web apps are on the silverlight. So I have two requests

1) Can you list the features that now are missing on the SilverLight Edition but are in the Web Edition

2) If is posible in SilverLight Edition, can you give a sample using GoogleEarth overlay and SQL Server Geospatial data access.

Thanks

Yuri,

For your first question, we support two rendering methods that are client rendering and server rendering in Silverlight currently. Server rendering supports all features that WebEdition provides. While client rendering only supports features which are limited by the Silverlight Framework. We support many features which web edition supports such as layers, zoom levels and styles on the client rendering. Please see our documentation for detail or let us know what you want to implement on the client side.

For your second question, we have a Google Maps sample in our installed samples which you can find its source code at “Samples\Overlays\UseGoogleMaps.xaml”; but currently Google’s Server has usage limits while we request from their Static APIs, so we didn’t include this sample in the main page. 

For server rendering, please refer to the MicrosoftMapLayerExtension.dll manually and use VirtualEarthLayer on the server side. Please see the attached sample for detail. To implement the SQL Server and Oracle are the same way as we did for the VirtualEarth layer.

Please let us know if you have more queries.

Thanks,

Howard

1485-Samples6683.zip (16.5 KB)

this sample project is not working

Hello wael, 

Thank you for your post, this sample is using our last version, so it use reference some dls already not exist. 

I have fixed it and short the code for some other guys need this, please reference the dlls which the project need now. 

More details about your other questions please see you other post. 

Regards, 

Gary

001_Samples.zip (16.2 KB)