ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Background color

Hey Guys. I feel like I am missing what should be a simple way of doing this - I just want to set a background color on my tiles to be one of your GeoColors - there are two issues with this. One is that i am not sure where to set it - since i only get the finished tile back in GetMapCore - i guess i could do something with the bitmap but it seems like it should be simpler. The second thing is it would be nice if the GeoColors could convert to system colors so that I could easily set a background to be in synch with the geostyles I am using on my features or if I could set a map or tile background to an area style that would accomplish the same thing. I just realized that there is a big difference in performance when you set an empty FillBrushColor on area polygons so I just need a way of setting the background to be the same color as the area style I was using for county, state and country polygons before.

Thanks,

Chris

ok well it’s not that bad really i see i can do this -  

Color backgroundColor = new Color(); 
             backgroundColor.A = AreaStyles.County1.FillSolidBrush.Color.AlphaComponent; 
             backgroundColor.B = AreaStyles.County1.FillSolidBrush.Color.BlueComponent; 
             backgroundColor.G = AreaStyles.County1.FillSolidBrush.Color.GreenComponent; 
             backgroundColor.R = AreaStyles.County1.FillSolidBrush.Color.RedComponent; 
             _map.Background = new SolidColorBrush(backgroundColor); 

I just thought it would be nice if there was a property or something that made it a little more concise - and also  setting the background color of the map accomplishes what i need for now but i’m not sure if that is the best solution yet. 

Thanks, 
 Chris

One other issue is that you guys appear to do some intelligent color blending when for instance you have an urban area style over a county or state area style is that true? I thought i noticed this but i could be wrong.

Hi Christopher, 

As far as I guessed, your application is a WPF solution working with WpfDesktopEdition, because we found you are using “_map.Backgound”. If in that case, I think we can try “_map.BackgroundOverlay.BackgroundBrush = AreaStyles.Country1.FillSolidBrush;” instead, which allow us to use GeoColor. 
 Please don’t worry about the “Intelligent color blending”, The MapSuite just gets all the layers from MapConfiguration and then draw them layer by layer in order, there isn’t any special process during the draw.   

Thanks, 
 Johnny