Chris2
August 4, 2011, 3:16pm
1
Hi,
I would like to be able to use Bing disconnected. My problem is that when disconnected and navigating to an uncached location on the map, an exception gets thrown. How do I catch that exception. I've tried setting DrawingExceptionMode to ThrowException and overriding BingMapsLayer DrawExceptionCore, but, no luck.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Chris
Rui
August 5, 2011, 5:20am
2
Override LayerOverlay and catch it on DrawCore
Chris2
August 5, 2011, 8:47am
3
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I’m still unable to catch the exception.
Rui
August 5, 2011, 9:24am
4
can you post the code you’re using? I’m not using BingMapOverlay, I use BingMapsLayer and add it to a inherited LayerOverlay and at DrawCore i’m able to catch the Exceptions.
Chris2
August 5, 2011, 9:56am
5
Here is a sample project. Thanks for taking a look!
bing.zip (38.1 KB)
Ethan
August 8, 2011, 3:38pm
6
Chris, It looks BingMapsLayer not works so well recently. Could you sent us your shapes like IA167ctycu.shp so that we can reproduce your problem first? Regards, Don
Thomas
August 9, 2011, 3:51am
7
Hello Don,
we use ThinkGeo-Version 5.0.0.55 and we also have problems with BingMapsLayer. It looks like it is not stable. - using BingMapsLayer without setting ApplicationId throws exception - using BingMapsLayer with MapType="BirdsEye" throws exception
Also it seems that the DrawingExceptionMode did not work correct with BingMapsLayer. If BingMapsLayer throws an exception the application crashs down.
I have attached a small sample where you test the behaviour.
Thomas
GIS_BingMaps.zip (50.7 KB)
Jack
August 10, 2011, 10:45am
8
Hi Thomas,
Thanks for your sample.
The ApplicationID is required as we wrap up BingMap Static API in BingMapsLayer to get image. But you can create your own in : bing.com/developers
After did some investigation in MSDN, seems like the “BirdsEye” is not supported in the Static API now msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff701716.aspx .
I can reproduce DrawingExceptionMode exception and turn it over to product team to fix it. Will keep you posted if we have any progress.
Thanks, Lee
Chris2
August 11, 2011, 8:39am
9
Don, Here are the IA167ctycu shape files.
Thanks.
IA167ctycu.zip (23.3 KB)
Ethan
August 11, 2011, 3:21pm
10
Chris, I get the exception. I try to override drawcore and catch that there but looks not so well. Set the DrawingExceptionMode looks don’t work so well for this situation. I will provide your problem to our developers and let you know if I get response. Regards, Don
Ethan
August 17, 2011, 12:14pm
11
Chris, We have fixed this, you can catch the exception in your sample project. Please get our latest daily package today or tomorrow. Regards, Don
Chris2
August 22, 2011, 11:53am
12
Don,
The update corrected the problem. How long until it makes it into a production build?
Thanks!
Ethan
August 23, 2011, 12:58pm
13
Hi Chris, Thanks for your post, I think you can get the update in tomorrow’s production build. Regards, Don