ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

BingMapsLayer and Licensing BingMap

Hi, 

I have few questions about which Microsoft bingmap contract is it advisable if we use as BaseMap BingMapLayer ?

When you read the document about “Bing Maps Volume Licensing”, it’s difficult to know with contract choosing : 

1) contract with known user ?

2) contract with light known user ?

3) contract about number of transactions …

4) …

From your experience what type of  BingMap contract is most subscribed when want to use as BaseMap BingMap ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Steph.

Hi Steph, 

Sorry in fact we don’t have more experience on how to choose the contract about Bing map, but I think we can discuss about that. 

I did some search and found some information on this page microsoft.com/maps/product/terms.html

I think the known user / light known user is related with requirement, and they will limit the tile request number. 

About more difference between them, maybe you have to read further in the page. 

Another thing, I haven’t found the “Bing Maps Volume Licensing” document, could you please put the link here? 

Regards, 

Don

Hi,

I have questions about bing maps billing
From this link, there is the explanation of the concept of transaction for bing. (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/bingmaps/getting-started/bing-maps-dev-center-help/understanding-bing-maps-transactions)
When using bing in a Wpf application with Thinkgeo, does that correspond to service ? RESTImagery-StaticMap ? or others ?
I don’t think this is WPF-Control (formerly WPFSession) because it is not the Wpf control that is used …

IF it is RESTImagery-StaticMap, there is an annotation (3).
It is specified :
“3 This transaction is not billable if the service request is made using a session ID from a Web or WPF Control session or from the AutoSuggest Module of the Web Control.”

This means that no transaction is charged ?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards.

Steph.

Hi Steph,

For WPF edition, we used the static map here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/bingmaps/rest-services/imagery/get-a-static-map

Get image follow this way, it don’t related with session id, it just require the key.

And it looks the annotation 3 is point to Route-Truck and Route-TruckAsync, not related with static map.

I hope that’s able to help you.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

Thanks.

Regards.

Steph.

Thanks for your feedback, Steph. Any questions or problems please be free to let us know.

Regards,
Johnny