ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Bug drawing Rectangle / Silverlight 3 Beta

I have two questions :

1°) When I try to draw a rectangle, I got the following javascript error :

Webpage error details

Message: Sys.InvalidOperationException: ManagedRuntimeError error #4004 in control 'SilverlightMapConnector1': System.InvalidOperationException: The shape you provided does not pass our simple validation.

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.x6d719af406ea4c2c.xff365c684fff1baa(BaseShape x873d2ddd87022b07)

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.BaseShape.GetWellKnownBinary()

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.Feature..ctor(BaseShape baseShape)

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.EditFeatureOverlay.x7a01bf704eccf4f7(Object xd9272088e65bd176, MouseEventArgs xc2fd4c0ed406cdb7)

at System.Windows.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(Int32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)

at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, String eventName)

Line: 433

Char: 17

Code: 0

URI: localhost:1187/ScriptResourc...t=11400759

It usually happen when I click (to set the first point) and then I move my mouse to the left of that point. It also sometimes happen when I click (not double click) to set the second point.

Depending of the browser, I can continue to work after the error. In that case, if I try to pass in EditMode on those rectangle, I got all the little circle to modify those rectangle, I can select and move the circle but the rectangle did not change. The rectangle sometimes disappear.

I reproduce these problems,randomly, on the MapSuite Demo Site (silverlightsamples.thinkgeo.com/).

Do you have an idea of what is the cause of the problem ?

2°) Is MapSuite Silverlight Control working with Silverlight 3 Beta 1 ? (I use that SDK because of others projects and I'm wondering if it could be the cause of some issues).

Hi Alexandre, 

We didn’t test our control with Silverlight 3 environment but I think it’s the reason. You must know that Microsoft has an important developer note says that: 

Once you install the Silverlight 3 Beta Tools for Visual Studio, your development environment will be a Silverlight 3 Beta environment.  Visual Studio 2008 SP1 does not support multi-targeting for Silverlight applications so you will be unable to develop Silverlight 2 applications once these tools are installed.  We recommend that you install the Silverlight 3 Beta tools on a separate environment if you still need to have the ability to develop Silverlight 2 applications. 

We’ll tell you the result after we testing it. 

Thanks, 
 Howard

I know that note. We are working for a project that will me released in October and we wanted to ship it using Silverlight 3 (Silverlight 3 RTM release date is 10 July... so not so far from now).

Anyway, I reproduce the rectangle bug described above on a Silverlight 2 Runtime Client (not dev tools). I also discover a bug editing polygons.

Description of Polygon Bug : I draw a polygon,double click to finish editing that polygon. When I try to draw another one (by clinking to set the first point), I got an Javascript Eror :

Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight 2 Application Index must be within the bounds of the List.

Parameter name: index   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.Insert(Int32 index, T item)

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.x6f618aca38cf8531.MouseDownCore(Double worldX, Double worldY)

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.x8d689c28eb2d322f.x68f2c54ca6feab0b(Double xe71aeaee3ffba96c, Double xa9e9e801f5ea54e2)

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.EditFeatureOverlay.x0a5bcfcc937dc32e(Object xd9272088e65bd176, MouseButtonEventArgs xc2fd4c0ed406cdb7)

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.xe4c818225b4fdacf.xa33ef7650528c603(Object xd9272088e65bd176, MouseButtonEventArgs xc2fd4c0ed406cdb7)

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.xe4c818225b4fdacf.xbb66ad336b6995a3(Object xd9272088e65bd176, EventArgs xc2fd4c0ed406cdb7)

at System.Windows.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(Int32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)

at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, String eventName)

Line: 1

Char: 1

Code: 0

URI: silverlightsamples.thinkgeo.com/

After that error, I can't draw any more polygons.

That issue is not related with Silverlight 3 SDK because tested also on Silverlight 2 client.

Thanks in advance for you answers.

Alexandre, 

I recreated this issue, thanks for reporting us. We’ll fix it in the upcoming version and we’ll try to recreate your issue in Silverlight 3. 

Any questions please let me know. 

Thanks again for reporting this bug. 
 Howard

We have to realize an application which deadline is in september 2009. 
 We wanted to implement MapSuite SilverLight in our application.  
 However, the bug on the rectangle and polygon edition doesn’t allow for the moment to apply MapSuite Silverlight. 
 We need to have an idea about the date of your future release in SilverLight.  
 Our decision depends really on your future release. 

Thank you for responding 
 Alexandre 

Alexandre, 

I see, this issue is added in our schedule and I’m sure we can have it fixed these days; we can send you a temporary package for evaluating then. Please just give us some time and sorry for the inconvenience. 

If you have any questions please let me know. 

Thanks, 
 Howard 

Alexandre, 

The bug is fixed, and I installed the latest version on 3.0 environment, it woks fine. We’ll send you a temporary version tomorrow. 

Thanks for reporting this bug. Any questions please let me know. 

Thanks, 
 Howard

Hello Howard, 

I have tested the new version fixing this bug! 
 We have no more this bug while drawing a rectangle. The bug is fixed now. 

But, we have another problem while drawing a rectangle  or a polygon in Silverlight Version.  
 Once we enter the Edition mode in order to modify the shapefile, it’s impossible to quit the Edition Mode.  We stay always in Edition Mode. 
 So we can’t create another objet! 

Thank you 
 Alexandre 

Alexandre, 

I tested in our sample, and it works fine. 

What I did is just click the rectangle icon to draw a shape, and then switch to the pencil icon to edit it; then I click the rectangle shape again, I can track a new shape on the map. 

Could you tell me whether our sample works fine? 

Thanks, 
 Howard

I just test on your online Sample. 

Click Rectangle Icon, draw a rectangle, click on edit, edit the rectangle then click on the "arrow icon" (to set the Mode to None). It's stay on Edit mode. If you try to move the shape, it will stick to the mouse. 

We found a workaround. Instead on clik on the "arrow icon", we click on "point icon" and then on "arrow icon". 

But there is a bug in there. 

There is still the bug about creating multipolygon. 

What's new about Silverlight 3 support ?

Alexandre,

Our online sample is not updated; sorry for the inconvenience. Does the temporary package exists this issue still? I cannot recreate this. Please try the temporary version.

Here is what I tested:

[Figure 1: Click the Rectangle Icon and draw a rectangle]

[Figure 2: Switch to Edit Icon do a editing or do not do a editing]

[Figure 3: Switch back to Rectangle Icon and draw another Rectangle]

What’s new in MapSuite Silverlight 3.0:

1.    Server Cache System

2.    InteractiveOverlay

2.1.       ExtentInteractiveOverlay

3.    RegexStyle

4.    WriteableBitmapGeoCanvas

I just can tell you this so far, and please keep an eye on our website for the new release.

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Howard